Demon Slim - Step by Step Installation Guide

SidneyD

Noob Account
Jun 17, 2013
Re: Demon Slim Install Diagram

Hi, first of all, thanks a lot for this guide, it is helping me a lot!

I only have one question:

Is this method limited to any dashboard versions or does it work with all of them?

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Re: Demon Slim Install Diagram

Hi, first of all, thanks a lot for this guide, it is helping me a lot!

I only have one question:

Is this method limited to any dashboard versions or does it work with all of them?
Works on all of them. :)

Tapatalk misspelled it. Knot me.

nicdeloach

Jan 21, 2012
Hey thx so much, this has to be one of the clearest and more detailed install guides regarding the hardware aspect on the whole forum! Not too many unclear procedures that i see compared to some of the others where you have to assume, and take the chance of demolishing a $300+ piece of hardware. Which in our economic state matters more than it used to... W00t! And thx again!

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
You could always swap the nand out for a 16 MB one from another console. Then use the Demon. This isn't for noobs.... but I know it can be done. jsinger47 did the nand swap for me (at a great price too), so if you are interested, maybe you should ask him about it.

Reactions: Ice_Viper220

Ice_Viper220

May 31, 2013
Romulus, MI
You could always swap the nand out for a 16 MB one from another console. Then use the Demon. This isn't for noobs.... but I know it can be done. jsinger47 did the nand swap for me (at a great price too), so if you are interested, maybe you should ask him about it.
Thanks Game Over, jsinger47 is another MI reasedent so that will probabaly be a good idea.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
This will obviously no longer be a 4GB console if you do it.... also he doesn't really advertise this is a service, so you may just want to ask him about it and see if he is willing to do it for you. In my case it needed to be done as part of the repair because the phison chip had died and the console was stuck in an update loop and couldn't write to the nand.

Ice_Viper220

May 31, 2013
Romulus, MI
I would love to get my slim done, but i suppose i could always do my r-jtag jasper, i just love how quiot the slim is and with the xbox 1 launch around the corner i can not justify buying another xbox to my wife, i curently have 6 xbox's and she would probabaly kick my a*# lol.

A

AnthonY47x

Hello, may I have to do everything that is written in the first post, or were changed? Thank you! :)

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Hello, may I have to do everything that is written in the first post, or were changed? Thank you! :)
This is the step-by-step installation tutorial.... I think that the title makes it pretty clear.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
with the demon installed and connected to j runner and pc. there will be a problem if press f2 to check connectivity?
You were told the answer to this via IRC.

why are you asking here too?

The answer is F2 is an SPI check. The DemoN uses a direct NAND connection.

Reactions: champerro

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Sorry for asking again, but I did it to hear another answer. And have been reading, like you said.
It was me who told you as well as stefanounick, who wrote J-Runner.

Who else did you want to hear it from?

maddjack

Dec 4, 2014
Why did you post this when u gonna tell most people to go find a professional to install it instead seem pointless for noobs sho trying to learn or people has small problems any way just sayin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
I think their point is, someone unskilled at soldering, especially reflowing will look at the zoomed in pictures and think it's simple. I can see someone loosing some of the R1 Resistors because they think they have more room than they actually have. But it's not the fault of anyone here if you don't look at the photo that's not zoomed in and decide if you are capable of doing it or if you should have a pro do it for you.