DemoN XBL safety precautions for minimum ban risk

emoja

Dec 23, 2012
so i looked all around for this but there wasn't a single, comprehensive list for XBL safety precautions for DemoN xboxes. i'm personally a noob but i was hoping you guys can help. so what are the precautions to take regarding:

game uptades
firmware updates
system updates (on each nand)
game data
firmware stuff
anything else

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
Just make sure you use seperate storage devices for each nand. If on live, detatch the demon nand storage device youre using and vice versa. Pretty simple.

Reactions: emoja

emoja

Dec 23, 2012
i heard something about updates though. i couldn't make sense of it but it was about updating something every time before you go to the stock nand

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Just make sure you use seperate storage devices for each nand. If on live, detatch the demon nand storage device youre using and vice versa. Pretty simple.
so can i just use the internal memory for live and get one external hdd for rgh stuff

professor_jonny

VIP Member
it is adviosable to disconect your genuine storage device when it is in rgh mode as the update 16202 is said to be able to read for signs of non retail content on the hdd.

For example homebrew content such as snes360 creates saves states in your profile which could be detected by xbox live and potentially ban you.

thats why people have created dual hdd solutions that when the xbox is in either rgh or live mode it will only connect one of the 2 internal hdd's via a relay using the coolrunner EN output.

there is another solution using a usb hdd and connecting it to the internal memory socket of the slim 4gig consoles but this still leaves your retail hddactive that could lead to bans.

i just pop out my hdd when i go on live and pop in another as i did not like the idea of making a y adaptor with a sata connector.

antman1

May 22, 2007
usa
www.heavenlymodz.com
I usually use a banned KV for my RGH nand and dont load backups on my stock nand. I am very glad I do this because once I unloaded dashlaunch to play black ops2 when it was released and it talked to live and informed me I was banned. This didn't affect my stock nand. :)

jery911

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2011
South Central Los Angeles
I usually use a banned KV for my RGH nand and dont load backups on my stock nand. I am very glad I do this because once I unloaded dashlaunch to play black ops2 when it was released and it talked to live and informed me I was banned. This didn't affect my stock nand. :)
do you have a link for that? i was thinking of do that, but i wasnt sure how, thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5000 using Tapatalk

emoja

Dec 23, 2012
I dont exactly understand what you mean...

cunny

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2009
North England
He means flashing the demon with a nand image from a banned console so if the demon ever tried to connect with ms it would return that the console is already banned

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
I like Trinity 4GB Slim unit's for DemoN as you can use the 4GB for XBL (disable 4GB on DemoN NAND) then use a NON-MS drive on the retail NAND so it isn't recognized. If 4GB isn't enough you can use a 32GB flash drive. You can of course use two separate internal drives and swap them out when switching NAND's.

As far as updates, USB is the way to go. I know a lot of people who update over DVD CFW without a problem however it is always recommended to revert to stock.

Now, saying that, here is a trick you can use *most of the time. With JRunner you can create a new retail NAND image thus never having to actually run the official update. You will have to install avatar/kinect files though. For instance, if you are on 16197 retail and want to update the 16202 retail you would dump your 16197 NAND with JRunner, create a new 16202 retail NAND, flash it, and you are done.

One downside to this (if you want to call it that) is that your LDV does not change so that could be a XBL "risk".

*The only time this wouldn't work is if the latest update patches the CPU (like 14699 to 14717 to 15572). In this case you would have to run the official update so that the CPU is patched.

Last edited:

jery911

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2011
South Central Los Angeles

antman1

May 22, 2007
usa
www.heavenlymodz.com
does this work with a nonbanned slim, ckuz i have a dead trinity that i can use with this and i have all the cpukeys and everything else, and if it ever connects to live for some reason that trinity would get banned right? and my own xbox and retail nand would not be banned? thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5000 using Tapatalk
yes. you can do that. better yet you can use the keyvaults included with the guide and not get either banned.

Fwdkiller

Dec 17, 2012
Land of faraway
I have a 1tb drive on my slim and on the retail side it can't see the drive and my profile are on a flash drive .so im 100 percent safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

antman1

May 22, 2007
usa
www.heavenlymodz.com
I have a 1tb drive on my slim and on the retail side it can't see the drive and my profile are on a flash drive .so im 100 percent safe.

unless you unload Dashlaunch plugin to test something and then accidentally load a Live enabled profile.

Unless you use a different KV on the RGH side. :)

Fwdkiller

Dec 17, 2012
Land of faraway
unless you unload Dashlaunch plugin to test something and then accidentally load a Live enabled profile.

Unless you use a different KV on the RGH side. :)
I dont unload dashlaunch I disabled xbox live in the family settings and im using a live account.