LITEON 74850 Device Intro Failed

mapleleafs89

Aug 28, 2010
Device Intro failed!
Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xFE00
Status 0xD0
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Device Intro failed!

I proceeded like I always do, reverting to stock, loading the dummy and spoofing then erasing my phat lite-on 74850. I power cycled after the status showed, usually it fails on first try for me anyways, it failed.

So I clicked intro / device, then power cycled again.. this time it just kept giving .................. until a few minutes later it said device intro failed.

Im using an X360 USB Pro by the way.

Anything I can do? I have no other equipment (probes, etc).

I tried re-erasing and doing the intro again, no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

tennisdude516

Apr 8, 2011
Los Angeles
You must have used a Probe v3 in order to get the dummy.bin file of of the DG-16D2S. Make sure you are using proper power supply as well to power the drive. As stated above, make sure you click Lite-On Erase. Tut even says so :)

Astromine

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2005
Upstate New York
As long as you have your key.bin and JF recognizes your drive do this:

• In FirmwareTool 32 tab load stock fw as target.
  • Hit "Manual Spoof" button and load your key.bin file.
  • Back in MTK Flash tab hit "Lite-On Erase".
  • Power cycle drive with Probe III
  • Then hit "Write"
  • Outo and you're all set as far as flashing to stock. Do the same to write cfw.

Reactions: RussellT

RussellT

Noob Account
Dec 15, 2015
Dude! My LiteOn 7485 was flashed to look like a ms25 TS-H943A, so nothing was working! I followed these instructions and POOF, good-to-go.

Thanks for tip!