Device not found in J-Runner

Fredturg

Noob Account
May 20, 2019
alberta
Hi guys,

My JRPv2 is not working anymore. Yesterday, I was able to read the nand and write Xell to my console. Then i unplugged the nand cables from my JRPv2 and closed J-Runner. Unfortunately, my console gave me a 0022 error code, so i restarted J-Runner (to write my stock nand), and the JR Programmer logo didn't show up.

Here is what i tried :
  • I tried to reinstall the JRPv2 drivers on Windows 10, but it tells me that the drivers I'm trying to install are not x64. (I disabled driver signature enforcement). My JRPv2 also shows as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in device manager.

• I tried to install the drivers (with driver signature enforcement disabled) on a fresh install of Windows 10. I still get the same error.

• I tried to install the drivers on a Windows 7 VM. I'm able to install the drivers, but the JR Programmer logo doesn't show up in J-Runner.

• I tried 3 different mini USB cables.

• I tried to put my JRPv2 in bootloader mode and update the firmware, but J-Runner only shows "Device not found".

Is my JR Programmer broken ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Fredturg

Noob Account
May 20, 2019
alberta

Fredturg

Noob Account
May 20, 2019
alberta
u need to run windows w/ desiable drivers sig enforcement
I already disabled driver signature enforcement using cmd. It still comes up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in device manager and when I try to install the drivers, I get a message saying that "Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed"

I already deleted the ptlibusb0 files in system32 and sysWOW64

Fredturg

Noob Account
May 20, 2019
alberta
cmd doesnt work for alot of ppl. fallow the guide I send.
I tried both methods (cmd and restarting with start-up settings and pressing 7)...

Since the JR Programmer worked and suddenly stopped working, I'm starting to think it's an hardware problem coming from the chip itself. Are JR Programmers known to fail like that ?

Fredturg

Noob Account
May 20, 2019
alberta
Put the bottom left switch towards JP-BL.
Plug it into your PC, open J-Runner and see if it says Bootloader attached.

J-Runner doesn't write "Bootloader attached". When I open J-Runner, it writes :

Connection error
Checking files
Connection error

Also, if I try to update the firmware, j-runner simply writes "Device not found"

I also tried on Windows 7 sp1. I get the same results and my JRPv2 doesnt show up in device manager.