LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM DG-16D4S 0225 stock to 9504 LT+3.0 firmware: Please help

performanceisland

Noob Account
Jan 8, 2011
DG-16D4S stock drive broke, successfully extracted dummy.bin to get key, decided that since I need a new drive I will get an unlocked pcb one to flash with lt+3.0, so I got a already unlocked one with 9504 firmware, I open my jungleflasher, have my usbpro and ck3i connected and working, I open the dummy.bin to get key, I open the lt+3.0 firmware of (272) and I hit the spoof source to target button, then I write the flash comes back as authorization failed and restore verify failed, what am I doing wrong? I cant seem to find step by step tutorial on switching these drives. any help appreciated, thanks.

performanceisland

Noob Account
Jan 8, 2011
ok I think I figured it out, I used wrong firmware, since I started with 0225 with my original drive, I needed to put the modded 0225 on my 9504 drive, I did and I got confirmations on everything, the only queston left is I did not read the 9504 firmware from my new unlocked replacement drive, I just used my dummy bin to get the keys, into the modded 0225 lt+3.0 firmware, is this ok?

iancabby

Feb 23, 2011
UK
Why would you need to read the firmware off the replacement drive? By the sound of it you've done the right steps, have you tested it?