Disassembling the Xbox 360 Slim

LukeCrouch

Dec 24, 2010
munich
Thanks for the superb Tut!

I have only one point: For the people that only want t access the drive: you dont need step ##!

TX: You are correct ! Fixed and updated - thanks

Last edited:

xzxzx

Oct 14, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I managed to open mine without single clip broken. :)

I see that many people are having trouble "unclipping" the rear side of the console on the HDD side by the power outlet.

That one is a tricky because it cannot be simply reached, and in many videos and tutorials people break that clip and pretty much scratch housing on that part of the console.

Since I wanted a clean job ( no signs of opening on the console and no broken clips ) I gave myself a little more time and armed myself with patience.

As somebody already mentioned, there is pretty easy and fast way to "unclip" that part of the console.

You just need to take off a big black sticker by the power outlet ( the one which states "Made in China", " Refer to the users manual for the correct power supply model" etc, etc... )

Once removed, you`ll see a hole which is under it, as showed in the picture below.

You can use a paper clip to push through that hole while at the same time using screwdriver at the closer pin.

Clips will then nicely pop out.

this is ( from my experience ) much cleaner and faster method than using screwdriver, credit card for that part of opening slim.

Last edited:

ptwitb

Mar 2, 2011
Hey everyone I know how all of us are trying to open the slim without voiding warranty - I could not do anything about the inner sticker so MS would know it was modded but for the outer one (Xbox360) under the tricky clip i found that sliding a needle in and pushing to the side gets it off with almost no damage. To open the clip itself - I was unable after numerous attempts to do it with a screwdriver so here is what I did:
I just pushed really hard with my thumbs the are where the clip is and pulled the back off! :)

So if you have an instore warranty ( I have 3 years with HMV ) I am pretty sure they wouldn't notice the console was opened.
If you do manage to really damage the small black sticker though I suggest you wash it clean and paint over it with good black marker - looks the same.
:D

DARKFiB3R

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2009
SE London
about.me
This is a great vid for anybody with an "XCM X8 Unlock Tool Set". But even if you don't have these tools, notice how he removes the black plastic under the grills, taking the chrome trim with it at the same time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW-ubXYthT8[/ame]

Last edited:

*HDCM

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
This is a great vid for anybody with an "XCM X8 Unlock Tool Set". But even if you don't have these tools, notice how he removes the black plastic under the grills, taking the chrome trim with it at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW-ubXYthT8
Started stocking these kits (X8) a while ago, but only got around to using it today (customer brought in a slim with a dinky laser). Guide + Kit really really helps. Kits fairly well manufactured as well. Also reminds me of a locking picking kit :)

Probably get faster and faster at the dismantling process once more start to come in:)

Ghici

Noob Account
Mar 17, 2011
I opened mine xBox slim without any tool, followed tutorial and that's it,

Ghici

Noob Account
Mar 17, 2011
Thank for tutorial anyway :)

tusel

Apr 2, 2011
There is no need for additional set of tools.
I kind of modded original opening tool to be more up-to-date and multifunctional by cutting one part off.

Using this i can take apart xbox phat or slim without any problems :)

Last edited:

2mibox

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2011
Thx for tutorial!
But how remove small sticker w/o damage and red lines?
... because now, hair dryer is not assistant ... :(

I mean this sticker:

Last edited:

2mibox

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2011
I agree, but I'm not asking about it (mean warranty).
I am interested in method itself :)
P.S. Moreover, so why was published method (with hair dryer ;) ) for removing warranty stickers from Fat boxes ...

Last edited: