Disassembling the Xbox 360 Slim

J2G

VIP Member
May 13, 2010
90°N
www.esl-communications.com
I agree, but I'm not asking about it (mean warranty).
I am interested in method itself :)
P.S. Moreover, so why was published method (with hair dryer ;) ) for removing warranty stickers from Fat boxes ...
The sticker is heat sensitive, any heat = colour change and no warranty.

2mibox

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2011
Yep, I know that (... because now, hair dryer is not assistant - im was write that above) so therefore ask.
Heating, sure, would have been much simpler! :)

xzxzx

Oct 14, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Thx for tutorial!
But how remove small sticker w/o damage and red lines?
... because now, hair dryer is not assistant ... :(

I mean this sticker:
Link To Image
I was very patient with hair dryer and succeded in removing thw big one, and warranty one without damage. But there is one more in the inside, round white sticker, that one is very soft, and problematic, I had succes in removing it without damage, but it left footprint on the console...

2mibox

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2011
I was very patient with hair dryer and succeded in removing thw big one, and warranty one without damage. But there is one more in the inside, round white sticker, that one is very soft, and problematic, I had succes in removing it without damage, but it left footprint on the console...
Thank you very much for your response.
So you are gently warmed that little sticker? But how? After that, there will be red streaks ... Discover our secret;)

Pagla07

Oct 8, 2010
well i jus took apart... any tips for putting it back together?? the ribbon connecter thing freaks me out... i hope i dont mess that up...:S i've had alot of trouble with ribbons on my cell phones...

tusel

Apr 2, 2011
my tip - i found more comfortable not to remove ribbon cable from front panel as shown in the guide,but to remove two screws holding whole panel and remove it together with faceplate.

kadijono

Jan 15, 2010
spain
i paid only 13 euro for the x8 set,... dont think its very pricy... but cheaper is always welcome.
what else is coming by the way before i buy something else, i prefer tx products and also its a way to suport you guys.
im still wating for the ck3-cp..now thats what i call a piece of jewelry..cant wait to buy that thing !
dont care how much it cost ( as a matter of saying). must have it !!!!!
keep up the good work

drake200sx

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2010
www.gamemalta.webs.com
Nice tut thanks for helping me out very easy. I didn't read the comments but i found it more easy on step 14 ! I remove a bit the sticker at the back and put in a paper clip and it opens very easy and put back the sticker in :) Thanks again

geeb2002

Noob Account
Mar 19, 2011
I bet I read that guide 10 times before starting. Having just gotten into xbox 360 modding, I have been reading a ton. Thanks for the guide as it made opening my slim a breeze. Took me about 15 minutes as I was going slow and double checking as I went.

dvin211

Noob Account
Dec 9, 2013
Thanks again for making this guide. My one year managed to jam the drive this morning. Took me about 40 min start to finish.