Disk not spinning Liteon 0225

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
my drive is Liteon DG-16D4S 0225
After I made a kamikaze I had an no eject, I tried the POUT fix and it worked fine.
However, now I got open tray error and disk is not spinning :confused:. I think other components are moving well. I read somewhere that I should have removed the laser ribbon before flashing but I didn't as it's not mentioned in JF tutorial

What are my options here? how can I fix this?

For the flashing process I used X360 USB PRO, CK3i, JF 1.9 beta

Another question if reflashing could solve the problem. Should I erase the previous flash or not.

Last edited:

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Were you able to dump your dvd key? If you did, you can purchase an unlocked PCB board. This method is quite expensive, but its fast and a quick alternative. No hassle, no guess work, and no sleepless nights. My suggestion would be, to dump the key while you still can and if you have the means to buy this expensive board go ahead and grab one. Then worry about repairing the current faulty board. This way you will have an operational drive if you are that eager to get back to gaming, and the same time you will have the time to repair the board.

Its easier man, you already tried the POUT fix. You need to press the OUTRO button a few times in order to avoid open tray. If that doesn't fix it, you have many alternatives but i suggest the unlocked PCB board.

Since the its a LITE-ON, it always been suggested to remove the laser ribbon before flashing. Now you are going to have to do some trouble shooting. If the laser is shot, or any ribbons are damaged. A multimeter will help you to determine it the laser is dead.

Last edited:

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
I attempted to erase and reflash. and after I press erase Liteon I am prompted "Firmware in the target buffer is not Lite-On are you sure you want to proceed"

I pressed no and thought of asking before I proceed? what should I do? ?

Note I got the Dummy and OFW files

Last edited:

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
In order to proceed, do you want to flash OFW or CFW? What dashboard version do you have? There's many firmware rar packs that include both OFW and CFW. All you have to do is spoof the key to the target firmware to the appropriate FW, in your case is a 0225. If your drive sticker says 9504 and in JF says 0225, you need to spoof your key to the 0225u file.

Follow this guide. It covers how to extract the key and how to spoof the key to the FW file and write. http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67582

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
I already have my OFW and the Dummy.bin files I dumped them before I attempted Kamikaze.

What I was doing is the normal erase/write procedure. but when I press erase Liton under MTK Flash 32 tab . I get the message I mentioned in my previous post

It just means youve got the wrong firmware in the target. Which firmware is i there?

Also dont worry as even if you do flash the wrong one you can intro back on to the drive and just rewrite again. Ive had to do it before myself.

First though open up your DVD drive and press eject to open and close the drive, when it closes is the laser firing up? Can you see the red laser? As if it is lighting up then it wasnt a problemw ith you not removing the ribbon. If it doesnt fire up then youve fried the laser.

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Yes the laser turns on :) then its not the laser.

But can a bad flash stop the spinning ?
When I flashed I loaded the OFW file I dumped from the drive in the Source
And LTPlus-0225-v2.0 in the Target and wrote to file

Strange then It might be a bad flash

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
I want to revert my drive to stock FW in JF tutorial it says that I have to spoof source to target
However Ubergeek said that Lite-On should not be spoofed so I am confused
How can I return my drive to Original FW

Spoofing the source to target just means making sure the key is the same on both the target and the the source.

Its very different to spoofing the drive as a different drive type, which is what Uber speaks of.

So youre safe to spoof key from source to target as long as youre using the right drive which you are.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Your open tray isn't a laser problem. You went to far. Board is now garbage.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk