DIY Probe3 and Matrix board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z4kW0lf

Dec 7, 2011
Italy
I have everything needed to make a DIY probe, but I have a question: should I solder the needle to the cable and then all of it to a matrix board, or should I leave the needle simply soldered to the cable and GG?
Also, since I DON'T WANT TO BUY A CK3, and don't try to convince me to buy it, I won't...what are the risks of powering the drive with the Xbox and how can I minimize them?

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
pmsl - not one single TX product listed there - nice one ;)

you may have noticed the HUGE title at the top of the page.... Team Xecuter XBOX 360 support forums - that suggests to me that this is a support forum for Team Xecuter.....unless I missed the words Matrix or Lizard or Cheap-ass in there lol

you wont get any help here unless it's a TX product fella

x360ccm

BANNED
Jan 18, 2011
south coast UK
I have everything needed to make a DIY probe, but I have a question: should I solder the needle to the cable and then all of it to a matrix board, or should I leave the needle simply soldered to the cable and GG?
Also, since I DON'T WANT TO BUY A CK3, and don't try to convince me to buy it, I won't...what are the risks of powering the drive with the Xbox and how can I minimize them?

i like that bit,hows that for cheek.:rolleyes2:

Z4kW0lf

Dec 7, 2011
Italy
Oh. So, it looks like that in this forum, everyone is trying to convince everyone else to buy a X360USB, CK3 Pro, Probe3, molex adapter, just to be safe also a Sputnik and an LT switch!Ah yes,and also an opening tool, because using screwdrivers is for cheap-asses!

x360ccm

BANNED
Jan 18, 2011
south coast UK
it's up to you what you buy.it's your euros,it's your xbox.

buy what ever you like to put in your xbox.

but with the right tools it's less of a risk of doing damage to your xbox.

Z4kW0lf

Dec 7, 2011
Italy
Ok, now give me a scientific explanation of why using the xbox to power the drive(of course with all the necessary cautions, like a ground cable and such) is more risky than using a CK3.
Ah - I don't hate TX. They've made great tools, i used their LT Switch to mod my neighbor's xbox(paid 5 euros for the switch, got 40 euros for the mod - thanks, TX!), then i discovered the PMT hack, and I wanted to make one to mod my xbox. What is wrong with wanting to build the probe myself instead of buying it?

Last edited:

paul.86

VIP Member
Sep 4, 2011
ROTHERHAM
i wont tell you to buy a ck3 there poo get the ck3i me got one there cool you realy need to get one

i dont use realy i use maximus power dongle so i can gnd probe with just a wire and installed a 3.3v switch i do however use x360usb i realy must thank tx for this

anyone in rotherham want a ck3i £20 brand new i only got to update nand-x

Last edited:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
ok - well......
power your drive from your console then...
1 - powering xbox with no drive attached logged
2 - when your xbox powers down in the middle of flashing due to no signal - headaches all round
3 - you clearly don't know how to make the probe 3 or you wouldn't be asking for help, so when you bork your drive because you made it wrong - don't ask for help - or worse - if it fries your xbox (because you're using that for power) don't come crying

I can see this going wrong soo badly lol

so you've already made 35 Euros profit and don't want to give back to the scene?
nice one.....you're the reason we're here to help - NOT lol

knowlzy10

BANNED
Sep 11, 2010
workington, cumbria, england
let them moths fly free from your wallet and purchase the correct equiptment to do the job with no hiccups.:facepalm: you already made the price of a ck3 pro and probe 3, so invest in them and double your money and so on................

mattjk88

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2010
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
I was just on a wind up mission, I don't suggest buying things that aren't necessary you can make a probe for PMT easily with just a boggo CK3 easily.

But as above, if you need to ask, well maybe you should find a new hobby ;-)

Use the Xbox if you like but it will be a pain, you'll need to manoeuvre a MB round + log a violation for power on with no DVD drive, (check XBH for the post from Tiros if you like.) oh you'll also need to cut the OEM power cable and solder it back up.

We're not really being d**ks, it just makes life easier honestly.

Z4kW0lf

Dec 7, 2011
Italy
Ok, I made the probe3, and I soldered the cabe with the needle to a matrix board, because that's kinda how the TX's probe3 is made. Then I made my DIY probe, and flashed my xbox. Now I have a nice flashed xbox, without spending a penny on a CK3, X360USB or whatever.
Nice one, moneyfags:D
EDIT: Searching XBH with the keyword "xbox live ban" and the username "tiros" I only found a post made back in 2006 about a dual-firmware idea. Could someone link me the post mattjk88 is talking about?

Last edited:

Z4kW0lf

Dec 7, 2011
Italy
I'm not being a d**k. I'm just trying to save money, since I don't sh*t cash like many of you:facepalm:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
But you asked
Ok, now give me a scientific explanation of why using the xbox to power the drive(of course with all the necessary cautions, like a ground cable and such) is more risky than using a CK3.
Ah - I don't hate TX. They've made great tools, i used their LT Switch to mod my neighbor's xbox(paid 5 euros for the switch, got 40 euros for the mod - thanks, TX!), then i discovered the PMT hack, and I wanted to make one to mod my xbox. What is wrong with wanting to build the probe myself instead of buying it?
and I answered it for you - exactly the way you wanted it answering
ok - well......
power your drive from your console then...
1 - powering xbox with no drive attached logged
2 - when your xbox powers down in the middle of flashing due to no signal - headaches all round
3 - you clearly don't know how to make the probe 3 or you wouldn't be asking for help, so when you bork your drive because you made it wrong - don't ask for help - or worse - if it fries your xbox (because you're using that for power) don't come crying

I can see this going wrong soo badly lol

so you've already made 35 Euros profit and don't want to give back to the scene?
nice one.....you're the reason we're here to help - NOT lol
then you call us moneyfags and assume we sh*t cash?
Ok, I made the probe3, and I soldered the cabe with the needle to a matrix board, because that's kinda how the TX's probe3 is made. Then I made my DIY probe, and flashed my xbox. Now I have a nice flashed xbox, without spending a penny on a CK3, X360USB or whatever.
Nice one, moneyfags:D
EDIT: Searching XBH with the keyword "xbox live ban" and the username "tiros" I only found a post made back in 2006 about a dual-firmware idea. Could someone link me the post mattjk88 is talking about?
I'm not being a d**k. I'm just trying to save money, since I don't sh*t cash like many of you:facepalm:
wish I did - then I wouldn't have to put up with whinie turds like you lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.