RGH Do i need a double shielded cable for the RGH 2 mod?

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
I am looking to do a RGH 2 mod and I have the cool runner and all the cables EXCEPT the double shielded cable :( Do i need this or is there another way to get around this? I have been spending all morning looking around the internet and I've read from a couple people that its not necessary for that cable and some people even recommend not using it, but it never told how or gave a link to that feed. I can't even find the right cable at any stores near me. I've read everywhere that this LMR-100A is the right cable? I haven't been able to find any kind of double shielded cable. But if it makes the RGH work better i would rather use it. If anyone could help me find the right cable, even if its online that would be awesome. Or maybe a link to someone that tells or shows me how to do the mod without the cable. Thanks!!

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
I am looking to do a RGH 2 mod and I have the cool runner and all the cables EXCEPT the double shielded cable :( Do i need this or is there another way to get around this? I have been spending all morning looking around the internet and I've read from a couple people that its not necessary for that cable and some people even recommend not using it, but it never told how or gave a link to that feed. I can't even find the right cable at any stores near me. I've read everywhere that this LMR-100A is the right cable? I haven't been able to find any kind of double shielded cable. But if it makes the RGH work better i would rather use it. If anyone could help me find the right cable, even if its online that would be awesome. Or maybe a link to someone that tells or shows me how to do the mod without the cable. Thanks!!
I never use the shielded cable. I actually find better results without it. The install is no different than if it did use the shielded cable, just follow the install image guide in jrunner and use the appropriate cable set for your console type.

locobrown

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Using a double shielded cable you run the risk of ripping it off the pads once soldered if Its not done correctly and handled due to the thick copper wire. I discourge its use and besides it boots like it should if you follow the tutorials without it.

STU-MODS

Feb 27, 2013
in the ho!
may i have the lengths you recommend/standard for rgh 2 as i no the are sum you can trim and sum you should not and i have an old cr rev c with no wire on it and would like to ues it asap to get ready for the new CR4

iTzCalvinFTW

Sep 3, 2014
The Netherlands
Use Blue Slim Cable :D