DO NOT UPDATE - Nintendo Switch Firmware Update 8.0.0 and 8.0.1

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
8.0.1 just released. As always, do not update until sx os supports this firmware version.
As we predicted earlier today, Nintendo has pushed out an update for the Nintendo Switch to version 8.0.0

This firmware was quickly looked at and we have determined there are no new keys. There ARE some changes that need looked at and addressed for SX OS to work.

Getting an update of SX OS out for 8.0.0 is our highest priority right now and it is already being worked on!

If you want in the future to use SX OS on your ipatched Switch console, please do not update your console at all, as all in house testing for those units is being performed on 7.0.1 at this time. If this information changes, we will let you know.

As always. DO NOT UPDATE your Nintendo Switch firmware until further notice if you wish to continue using SX OS.

Once this firmware version is supported, we will make a news post about it as usual.

For those curious, here is the official change log for 8.0.0

Improvements Included in Version 8.0.0 (Distributed 04/15/2019)
Added the following system functionality:

• A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu
    • Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
    • The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
  • A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed
    • Go to News > Channel List > View More
  • Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile
  • A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems
    • Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data
    • Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
  • A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings
    • Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON
    • Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
  • An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected
    • Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
    • This also applies when undocking your console
  • A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls
    • This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update
    • Go to System Settings > Parental Controls
    • These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
  • Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
    • Go to System Settings > System > Region
  • The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same)
    • Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud
    • Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
The threads will get locked quicker this time around. We will not be dealing with that again. Literally every source for Switch hacking info says not to update. If you still do, you have no one to blame, but yourself and coming here complaining or demanding things will not make anything move quicker.

Not aimed at anyone in particular. Just stating this now.

JohnDark

Noob Account
Apr 15, 2019
Romania
I am using internet only for FTP ? I have Stealth mode activated all the time am I safe from any surprise updates or something like that ?

Lycaos

Noob Account
Nov 19, 2018
I am using internet only for FTP ? I have Stealth mode activated all the time am I safe from any surprise updates or something like that ?
Yes you are if you stay in stealth mode and do not update your firmware, it block the Nintendo DNS. I use it for FTP too from 6.x and I'm not banned and can play my physical games online on my OFW.

JohnDark

Noob Account
Apr 15, 2019
Romania
Yes you are if you stay in stealth mode and do not update your firmware, it block the Nintendo DNS. I use it for FTP too from 6.x and I'm not banned and can play my physical games online on my OFW.
Awsooome thank you very much for the heads up

xs4all

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2018
For those using EmuNAND, updating SysNand to 8.0 with EmuNand on 7.0.1 works fine, I updated this morning, just make sure you have the latest SX OS v2.6.2 beta.

If your NOT using EmuNAND but using SX OS CFW, then it's not advised to update.

Reactions: SentenciaSQL

Feragruv

Nov 24, 2018
Brazil
Well, I do believe some people will update to 8.0, I saw in the 6.2 and 7.x, but TX is on the case and hope this one comes fast so there is any complai, :)

About this Deja Vu thing, I didn't get it, but it was a new exploit for patched Switchs right?

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
@xs4all I would advise to not update anything until it is announced by TX to do so.

@Feragruv honestly I’m not 100% sure. I started to read through a number of his tweets and it sounds like it had to do with patch switches. I posted it for information purposes.

Feragruv

Nov 24, 2018
Brazil
@tokyo Yeah, I'm going to look for more information just to know, never heard about it but I like to see the mod community looking for new solutions, the mouse and cat chase always is fun to watch, but I hope TX get's the first hand for patched switches just to see "that forum" crying xD

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest

SentenciaSQL

Noob Account
Apr 1, 2019
Dominican Republic
I have a hidden emuNAND installed in the sdcard for play XCI and NSP games, and when I want to play online or my original games I swap de sdcard for a clean one, I don't have autoRCM installed for that reason.

So if I update the OFW to 8.0 and emuNAND stays on 7.1 without autoRCM installed I'm in risk anyway?

Nintendo Switch OFW: 7.0.1 | EmuNAND CFW: 7.0.1 | SX OS: 2.6.2 BETA | SX Installer: 1.52 | Not patched

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
There has been some confirmation that emunand does still work. Personally I would wait to update until more news comes out about 8.0 support.

SentenciaSQL

Noob Account
Apr 1, 2019
Dominican Republic
For those using EmuNAND, updating SysNand to 8.0 with EmuNand on 7.0.1 works fine, I updated this morning, just make sure you have the latest SX OS v2.6.2 beta.

If your NOT using EmuNAND but using SX OS CFW, then it's not advised to update.
For real?!! so if you use the manual RCM to access the CFW don't have any problem?

Nintendo Switch OFW: 7.0.1 | EmuNAND CFW: 7.0.1 | SX OS: 2.6.2 BETA | SX Installer: 1.52 | Not patched

Lycaos

Noob Account
Nov 19, 2018
I have a hidden emuNAND installed in the sdcard for play XCI and NSP games, and when I want to play online or my original games I swap de sdcard for a clean one, I don't have autoRCM installed for that reason.

So if I update the OFW to 8.0 and emuNAND stays on 7.1 without autoRCM installed I'm in risk anyway?

I do the same, always with clean sd card and non auto rcm, it works with emunand 7.0.1 and sysnand 8.0, for the risk, the risk 0 does not exist with a hacked switch, we don't know how exactly they proced to detect us.

Reactions: SentenciaSQL

Support Our Sponsors