downgrade 8.0.1 to 6.2 got an error 2162-0002

Josef77

Noob Account
May 17, 2019
UAE
Hello,

i really stuck on this part i tried to downgrade the Firmware from 8.0 to 6.2 its works find but when its loading its gave me an error restart the switch every time i cant access again to upgrade the Firmware its like an infinity loop i can access to boot area but when i boot original or costume its keep giving me the error message error 2162-0002, i am really don't know what to do.

please advise

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
What was the purpose of downgrading? Did you make a backup first?

Reactions: Josef77

Josef77

Noob Account
May 17, 2019
UAE
What was the purpose of downgrading? Did you make a backup first?
Its happened by mistake my brother update it he wasn't know it could damage I fixed it with mode that can updates my switch to the last firmware then downgrade it to 7.0.1 ex fat support also my sd cards damage the sx os folders and files I replaced them with my back up files it's now works great I wasn't know ex fat could damage my files and folders and one extra note Nintendo folder was one of the issue I remove it totally and create a new Nintendo folder to make everything running smoothly now everything is perfect.

Thanks I just want to make sure to write what happened with the solutions it could happen to anyone

Regards

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Glad you got it working. Just as an FYI, 8.1 is supported so there was not really a need to downgrade. If you were missing exFAT you can always use ChoijudourNX to reinstall the same FW you are using with exFAT support. Being that you updated officially you should have had exFAT support on 8.1 though.Best to leave downgrading as a last resort and search around first. You can really mess your Switch up if you do not downgrade correctly.

Reactions: Josef77

Josef77

Noob Account
May 17, 2019
UAE
Glad you got it working. Just as an FYI, 8.1 is supported so there was not really a need to downgrade. If you were missing exFAT you can always use ChoijudourNX to reinstall the same FW you are using with exFAT support. Being that you updated officially you should have had exFAT support on 8.1 though.Best to leave downgrading as a last resort and search around first. You can really mess your Switch up if you do not downgrade correctly.
You are totally rights, but what happened to my switch is the sd cards after the update to ver 8.1.0 its damage the files and I thought its not support the last ver when I downgrade and got the restart loop I figured it our its from the sd cards and specially Nintendo folder you should delete it I wasn't know that till I delete the Nintendo folders then I boot the sx os it was not fully working half files was showing only I really confuse with it then I realized its sd cards ex fat could damage the files now I almost fully understand how its works and how to fix most of the switch issue I really was worry about how to fix it lol

Thx alot