LITEON DG-16D2S drive in vendor mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samjabs

Oct 7, 2011
jordan
Hey guys, I was flashing my lite on when my computer froze while erasing the drive and know the computer cannot detect it, it gives me "Drive in vendor mode" the console is on the latest dash and i have the drive key files saved from previous flashes, the process too.

So help please, what does vendor mode means, can i fix it or am i screwed?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Make sure you have the appropriate firmware loaded in JungleFlasher (containing your drive key) and if the drive is still in Vendor mode (status 0x72), click Write.

Samjabs

Oct 7, 2011
jordan
Its no t in vendor mode anymore but i cannot make it verify the saved dummy. usually I probe it and get the key but since i saved it from the last flash I gave the probe to a friend.
This is what i do
load the dummy then load the target then spoof then erase and write finally the intro thing. It writes fine but the key in dvd 32 not found
What am i doing wrong?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
It is most probably because you didn't dump the drive on that computer, am I right?

As long as the write verified and you clicked Outro afterwards, it should be fine.

Samjabs

Oct 7, 2011
jordan
When i loaded the dummy and the source and spoofed the key was not verified. I didn't dump the drive i went straight ahead erased and wrote , the writing was verified yet the key was not.
am i supposed to dump the drive before writing.
This is the first time i flash without a probe. I dont get it when i usually probe the drive it extracts the key and verifies it. why doesn't it verify a saved dummy as well. if am supposed to dump the drive could u direct me to a tut link please.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.