Drive Replacement Woes

mkvowner

Sep 3, 2012
Hello all,

I recently replaced a 02510c with a new drive which was 93450c. I didn't realize at the time that it was a 93450c and tried to read the key, which keeps failing. So in an attempt to update the drive firmware, I plugged into my xbox and started it up (knowing the key wasn't right). The box was plugged into live, so I unplugged it, rebooted it and tried to run the latest system update from USB. Now I'm getting error code xxx-xxx-C000-0099 which Microsoft says is because the drive was tampered with. What can I do now? Is this system permanently banned from live? Does it even matter if I update the drive?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
just flash the drive with the latest LT+ 3.0 firmware, then you will be able to update the system.
you aren't banned.

P.S. also you should read dvd key from the old drive and flash the new one with it.
w/o the original dvdkey you won't be able to play games

Last edited:
Reactions: mkvowner

mkvowner

Sep 3, 2012
Okay awesome, thank you. I have a backup of the dummy bin from before I flashed the old drive to LT+ 3.0 so I'll use that.

mkvowner

Sep 3, 2012
Additionally, I can't get the key to read on the new drive. Since I don't need it, can I just erase the drive and spoof the old drives dummy bin and write it to the new drive?

mkvowner

Sep 3, 2012
Okay so I went ahead and erased the drive, since the original info was of no use to me. When flashing the drive with the dummy.bin from my dead drive and the stock 9345 firmware, it warned me that serial info was missing but having no choice I ignored it. Now, I can play xbox 360 games, but still cannot update so the drive is stuck on 9345, not on LT+ 3.0 and I am unable to connect to live.

Where should I go next? Should I recreate serial data from the barcodes?

mkvowner

Sep 3, 2012
Nevermind, I just need to stop asking questions and start doing things. I flashed LT+ 3.0 02510c and it works like a charm. Thank you for your help all!

Reactions: frayed