LITEON DG-16D2S Drive won't read XGD3, but does read XGD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands
Recently, I got a new drive ordered since the previous one died on me. Now that I have flashed the new drive with my key, it won't read XGD3 games anymore, just XGD2. On the other hand, it does show play game with the XGD3 format, but without a picture or saying the title and when pressing "A", it kicks me back to the dashboard. Any suggestions on what this might be? Also, to inform about, is that I have been pot tweaking afterwards. I measured the first time at 6.65 K ohms, reduced it to 6.10, 5.99, 4.77 and one last time till 3.20. Still nothing on reading the XGD3 games.
I've never been this desperate to ask for help, cos usually all of the typed info here helped me out alot! I'm afraid I will never be able to play games again :-(

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Does it play retail XGD3?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands
I don't own any more retail XGD3 because of the dreaded circles it kept making on my discs. I am currently re-burning Battlefield 4 to test and see what comes up after this.

stmem

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2013
That's not a very smart statement.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4
True but he did say because of the circles the console leaves on his retails, think he means he has them but scraped lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gazcoigne

BANNED
Jan 31, 2005
Belfast, UK
no hes obviously burning downloaded images.

you must own your own disc to legally use backups, the minute you bin the original your backup becomes something that we wont discuss.

jmacado

Dec 21, 2012
US of A
Right! Pretty obvious. How could you get an image other than either downloading or copying someone else's original. Makes no sense. Pirates are not welcome here.

Airborne 88

Feb 14, 2007
The Netherlands
I agree with some of the above statements. But next to that, the world is full of 'em pirates! Why else are there people in the modding scene? People use them the proper way, others just abuse it. But yes, partially, I am a "pirate" and not proud of it, but that's because of private matters involved.
Anyway, the games I download are to test them first to see if they are worthy of buying. I don't work with demos. If they are not the game I wish to play in the near future, I throw them away, simple as that.
I just hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience?
Still, thanks for the help.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I agree with some of the above statements. But next to that, the world is full of 'em pirates! Why else are there people in the modding scene? People use them the proper way, others just abuse it. But yes, partially, I am a "pirate" and not proud of it, but that's because of private matters involved.
Anyway, the games I download are to test them first to see if they are worthy of buying. I don't work with demos. If they are not the game I wish to play in the near future, I throw them away, simple as that.
I just hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience?
Still, thanks for the help.
I don't really care if you agree or not - there's a strict 'no piracy talk' rule on this site which you agreed to. Why else do we mod? I whole host of reasons - don't tar us all with your dirty brush, thank you very much.

I personally don't care what you do, just what gets posted here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.