RGH Dual Nand on a corona v2

Satsume

Jul 11, 2012
Hey all,

Back again, still in the noob section, which seems fitting, as I have yet more questions...

I have a Corona v2 running the latest dash, I have a r/w kit installed and a 14719 (cb 13180) dump to get my keys from.

The CR Pro has been released which is what I was waiting for, so I wanted to pick up where I left off.

Here's the thing, my ultimate goal is to be able to dual boot live/rgh. I started of wanting to install a DemoN but I now know that's not going to be possible ( at least untill TX finds a solution ) because of v2 being a BB and a completely different R/W method.

What would be my best option to achieve this goal?

Just switch nands using the R/W kit? I also have my hdd from my phat xbox in the drive slot, containing my (live) profiles, would I have to switch that one out with one with my rgh-profiles/data to be safe, or would I have to do more then just that?

And as a bonus question, what would I need to buy besides:
  • CR3 Pro
  • JR/NAND-X/CR QSB Kit
  • JR Programmer ( Because I won't have a DemoN setup yet... )
  • FULL POST SLIM QSB

XDK

VIP Member
Theres more to it then just that system being a BB nand.. not a lot of folks understand entirely how the phison emmc controller functions. At my last searching ive seen no one make mention of remotely working to dual nand the v2/v4 coronas. You might be waiting awhile.

Reactions: Satsume

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
I wonder if its possible to downgrade a 4G to a 16M. something similar to Jasper's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XDK

VIP Member
I wonder if its possible to downgrade a 4G to a 16M. something similar to Jasper's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes u can convert a 4gb corona to a 16mb nand but it wont work as far as I would trust it for retail for glitch sure but ud have to swap nands and populate all the resistors that are missing and a few caps.. as well as remove the phison

Blagus

Sep 3, 2012
EU
The only solution for now is dual NAND. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Same Hynix 4GB NAND as in Xbox can be found on eBay for $13-14 shipped.

Here's my unfinished PCB made in Eagle. I don't have time to finish it, I don't need dual NAND since I don't go online, and I don't have money for materials right now.
SMC reset and CE selection is missing, and can be easily done with transistor switches or FETs.
Pinout on the Xbox mainboard can be easily traced, it's actually around the NAND on the bottom.

There's another approach, add pull-up resistors on this PCB and use 16MB NAND, solder it on the top side of mainboard around the Phison chip, and find a way to disable it while 16MB NAND is active.
http://forum.dayton360mods.com/show...uded-)-***Updated***&p=988&viewfull=1#post988