Dvd Drive pieces

chodaboy22

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2012
Just installed the kit yesterday, and it seems to be working so far. My worry was that I had extra pads left which I believe are the dvd drive pads and the spare drive belt. Are those needed? Or is it only if you have the sticky drive issue? Also, is there instructions on installation for that? They didn't seem to be part of the general instructions posted.

Also, I found that i didn't need to bake after installation. I wasn't sure if that was a concern or not or if that was a normal thing. Thanks in advance.

Just installed the kit yesterday, and it seems to be working so far. My worry was that I had extra pads left which I believe are the dvd drive pads and the spare drive belt. Are those needed? Or is it only if you have the sticky drive issue? Also, is there instructions on installation for that? They didn't seem to be part of the general instructions posted.

Also, I found that i didn't need to bake after installation. I wasn't sure if that was a concern or not or if that was a normal thing. Thanks in advance.
Please post pictures it's a required thing when asking questions like this

wrigglytin

Noob Account
Oct 31, 2013
Same thing here, new drive belt for dvd drive if/when needed, and 4 small foam pads left over, apparently to go in the dvd drive to protect disks..i'm guessing they go on the tray....but only guessing, i'd post a pic but it is simply four sticky pads, similar size etc to the pads for the mem chips