XGD3 DVDInfoPro quality guidelines

iagob

Jan 7, 2011
HI, i would like to know the quality guidelines for the above software (DVDInfoPro) when scanning XGD3 backups... Would it be a score above 90?

I also would like to know if you guys are having issues with this software... I mean when I click Book, to set booktype, my drive starts doing weird noises and my computert freezes, do you guys have the same problem?

Thank you all since now! =)

Last edited:

silentjrm

Aug 19, 2010
USA
i recommend just sticking to Kprobe2. It works well, i tried other programs to test disc quality and such but all you really need is the PI and PIF settings

Reactions: iagob

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
HI, i would like to know the quality guidelines for the above software (DVDInfoPro) when scanning XGD3 backups... Would it be a score above 90?
90 sounds ok but it is hard to tell without seeing a graph, DVDInfo pro while scanning creates a graph that will show you different sectors of the disc, when a sector does not read well the colour will change to either yellow or red colour (from green), to see this more clearly select block and not line on the right hand side graph options, if the result is all green then DVDINFOPRO is stating that the burnt data is readable to a high standard, yellow is average and red bad.

I also would like to know if you guys are having issues with this software... I mean when I click Book, to set booktype, my drive starts doing weird noises and my computert freezes, do you guys have the same problem?

Thank you all since now! =)
No your computer should not be freezing when you attach the drive, (noises are fine) it sounds like you might have some sort of driver issue there, try re-flashing the drive and see if it improves the situation.

You should not need to touch the Booktype at all, if you need to change some of the setting use EEPROM instead of IMGBURN.

Hope it helps...

Last edited:

iagob

Jan 7, 2011
No your computer should not be freezing when you attach the drive, (noises are fine) it sounds like you might have some sort of driver issue there, try re-flashing the drive and see if it improves the situation.

You should not need to touch the Booktype at all, if you need to change some of the setting use EEPROM instead of IMGBURN.

Hope it helps...[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much DrunkenNinja! The score is above 90 and has no yellow or red colour...

About that issue, it isn't freezing the PC, sorry, it freezes the software and the drive keeps doing noises until i close the window...

I'm using DVDInfoPro Elite 7.1, I've seen the pictures you uploaded and it is DVDInfoPro XTREME... What's the difference? Thank you!

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
Elite is newer I believe, I think I am also on Elite now :)

Elite also added additional support for "Burner Max" believe it or not (check the Change Log) - I don't know what support was added so don't ask. :)

Avoid the book type settings, you should have your settings locked in anyway, there is no need to tamper with the settings, so that will stop the freezing issue...

Last edited: