BENQ E65, wiped drive

L

LoneWolf913

Just bought a box off fleabay yesterday with E65, guy even said he'd tried to flash the drive and managed to wipe it out completely, pretty sure it's a Zephyr motherboard so I'm ready to use it for parts, just wanted to know if JF would be able to recover or re-flash the drive or not since it's got what I can only assume is a blank firmware chip/EEPROM. I'm sure there's some way to recover it via DosFlash but I'd rather use the easy tools first...

JohnsonMighty

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
You can flash to it if you have the key. But at this point the only way to get the key is to RGH and boot Xell.

L

LoneWolf913

You can flash to it if you have the key. But at this point the only way to get the key is to RGH and boot Xell.
Thanks, all I needed to know was if I could still flash something to it via JF. Like I said, probably using this console for parts since I don't feel like fighting a Zephyr, have a few consoles that need BenQ/Lite-On drives and I'll more than likely flash this one to match one of them.

chancer13

VIP Member
May 28, 2011
Bucks, UK
Thanks, all I needed to know was if I could still flash something to it via JF. Like I said, probably using this console for parts since I don't feel like fighting a Zephyr, have a few consoles that need BenQ/Lite-On drives and I'll more than likely flash this one to match one of them.

You can use it as a replacement (lite-on 0251 for lite-on 0251) if it is the same drive and all should be good :)

If you are not replacing like for like and just swapping keys (benq for lite-on) then it's guaranteed not safe for live