JTAG E79 AFTER MISSING ONE SOLDER POINT

Paradoxflyer

Noob Account
May 22, 2012
I made a big mistake I missed a solder point on nand-x kit Xenon mobo like in the picutre

I dumped the nand and wrote Xell (yeah I'm an idiot you don't need to tell me)
I got error E79 I cannot write original nand the xbox shuts down when I try to use nand x to read nand, I already try to solder the point I missed, still no luck
I'm using jtag tool 4.23 I already try using the switch still turns completely off,
Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I SOL?
thanks

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
the xbox shuts down when I try to use nand x to read nand
Your console shouldn't even be powered on when attempting to read or write the NAND - you should have the power brick connected but the console should be OFF (orange light)!

Load the NAND dump in J-Runner or 360 Flash Dump Tool - does it open up fine or do you get errors?

I think (but not 100% certain) that the spot you "missed" is a ground point and I strongly advise soldering it.

Try re-writing XeLL with J-Runner, JTAG Tool is old news.

Last edited:
L

LoneWolf913

Yep Bl4k3y, definitely a ground the guy missed. Chances are his original dump is garbage, literally, because without a steady ground signal you get all sorts of noise in the reading process. I actually didn't think it would read at all but maybe it's connected just enough to get a signal.

OP: Looks like you may be using a donor nand to recover this thing, re-check your soldering just for kicks if you're getting cannot detect errors..but you also may have corrupted your nand writing Xell without that ground point soldered...

Paradoxflyer

Noob Account
May 22, 2012
when I try to read the nand again I only get
"looking for usb interface device
cannot continue
Press any key to continue"

thanks for the response

L

LoneWolf913

Yeah your nand is completely hosed, try unplugging power from the back, and then attempting to flash Xell via J-Runner right as you plug power back into the console. You can also try shorting the nand out, google for a tutorial, but I don't really recommend it..

Travo112

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Fredericksburg, va
facebook.com
Only real good options if that doesn't work, afaik would be cygnos or a tsop clip

This message was sent using my iPhone 4s on tapatalk

"First make sure you're right, then go ahead," -Davy Crockett

Don't forget to thank!

Paradoxflyer

Noob Account
May 22, 2012
is not recommended but I guess I have no choice if j-runner doesn't works, and you said before I would need a nand donor.... I'll check j-runner first to see how it goes

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

cygnos? so dual nand... would I need to ask for a nand dumo for any other option? because mine should be bad