FIXED Easy Fast Booting Trinity Fix

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
***This is only an improved guide that bmonier made, it was difficult to read and understand and also had no pictures. His original post can be found here http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97931 I have only taken the time to rewrite it and take pictures. Credit also goes to MartinC for encouraging me to finally get my own camera

Here is what i have found to be the easiest fix for the pesky trinity motherboards that don't like to boot xell (ticking noises, no glitch light, etc). Saves time from measuring and cutting wires. I get boot times within 25seconds on 3 consoles i have tested on. If this doesn't work please resort back to the default TX guide that way people can help you troubleshoot more easily.

Use the 11cm ground wire that comes with the DGX for the D wire. And use a substitute wire for GND (preferably a thick wire like a 5v or a slim GND wire)

Take a Phat Green (pll_bypass) wire and a Slim Blue (cpu_rst) and solder them together to make a long wire for C (post_out)

Install the rest like a normal DGX

Last edited:

Tony Stark

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
I did the same thing with the GND wire to replace the CPU_RST wire, except I soldered it to the alt point instead. I used the original blue wire for the C point *post out* and it booted in about a minute. Not too bad for a trinity, I can wait a little bit as long as it isnt like an hour haha.

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
not sure if it makes a difference i will try it when i get another trinity. Some said it worked without red dot i dont know if it would have given me red dot i used this when the trinities were already on the DGX ecc NAND

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
i have flux from the 90's its the best soldering flux to use but probably violates all the regulations nowadays lol. radioshack flux blows compared to it. i wasnt intending to make pics of it i just took the pictures how it was, didnt clean the point or cut the cures and make it look pretty

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
i have flux from the 90's its the best soldering flux to use but probably violates all the regulations nowadays lol. radioshack flux blows compared to it. i wasnt intending to make pics of it i just took the pictures how it was, didnt clean the point or cut the cures and make it look pretty
Can you post a pic of the flux you're using?

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio

im not sure where to get it or even if they sell it anymore i inherited it from my stepdad, i honestly hav e no idea how old it is. Thats the bottom side of it im not sure where i put the cap at.

All i know is its much better than any radioshack crap, that stuff gets sticky and i just cant stand it in general. And i have tried other fluxes they just didnt really work the same

bernzburnz

BANNED
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego, Killafornia
The Radio shack flux works just fine. Also, if you follow the tutorial you can get Trinities and Coronas booting real quick so you don't have to change your wires on the DGX ever.

10cm cpu_rst
55cm post_out

Works on everything.
10 Trinity
10 Corona

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
i said its just a way to save time from cutting and measuring wires. take to wires dab solder on them and use it for post_out and use the ground wire for the cpu_rst. and im sure it does work fine i didntsay it doesnt i just personally dont like it

Reactions: bernzburnz