[Edited] Can't boot in cfw 3.0.3 after updating to 10.0.4

Ahel

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2020
Here
Hello everyone, I updated my switch console by the official way because that's what I used to do to get switch firmwares.

It resulted in a ban of my console from big N.
That's stupid but no problem.

The biggest problem is that now, i can't even boot in official firmware or even custom firmware.

When i try to boot normally, all i got is a black screen.

When i try to go in recovery with the dongle and the jig, all i got is a black screen.

I'm on 10.0.4 with SX OS 2.9.5 (I'll try with 3.0.3 as soon as i can but it seems weird that i can't even boot in ofw).

What can i do otherwise ?

Maze

Feb 6, 2019
Germany
You gave yourself the answer. SX OS 3.0.3 works fine with me on the FW 10.0.4
If you haven't the actual SX OS boot.dat you can't boot in RCM or even start your console in CFW.

Reactions: Ahel

Ahel

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2020
Here
I was able to boot in recovery and i tried with 3.0.3 but all i got is a black screen after Big N logo when i try to boot in cfw.

To boot I simply removed the game that was in the game slot.

You gave yourself the answer. SX OS 3.0.3 works fine with me on the FW 10.0.4
If you haven't the actual SX OS boot.dat you can't boot in RCM or even start your console in CFW.
I though the boot.dat was only used to boot custom firmware, not to enter recovery, nice thing to know.

I'll try with a clean SD card if that don't work I'll try to recover from my emunand backup and boot in 2.9.5
I tried on a new SD card but i won't boot either.

The console says me that i need to update the console for the SD to be able to work.

Last edited:

Ahel

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2020
Here
I confirm the problem is about the SD card format which is exfat and is now non readable by the switch after the update.

I made a small SD card in fat32 and it's booting normally.

Now all i got to do is backup my saves format my card to FAT32 and let's go.

Reactions: Maze