Exfat support for xbox360

neeraj.jetwani

Feb 23, 2013
India
i have bought a new 1Tb seagate expansion hard drive to use backed up games through my hard drive over my RGH console. as xbox supports fat32 format i will need to format the drive..

i have only two options in windows to format it to ntfs of exfat ....

so my question does xbox360 now supports exfat file format ? or do i need to format my drive to fat32 using some 3rd party software..?

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
Format it fat32 take your pic of fat32 formatting tools there are dozens of them

Reactions: neeraj.jetwani

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
What OS are you using? my windows 7 supports fat32 format. You will need to use fat32 that is your answer.
Im assuming your talking about using dos? Whats the highest size hdd you have formatted using windows 7

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Get Easeus partition manager (free). This will partition and format to FAT32.

Drives over 32GB automatically format as NTFS or ExFAT as Microsoft don't deem FAT32 to be efficient enough with larger drives sizes.

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Im assuming your talking about using dos? Whats the highest size hdd you have formatted using windows 7

Using the quick format option I did a external 2TB usb drive.

I might have used acronis it has been about a year since I did it.

I do use 7 all the time for my usb sticks and the largest one of those is 64GB

It is 7 Ultimate not sure if there is a difference between the basic or not.

Last edited:

sebastian79hl

VIP Member
Easiest Tool ever:

H2formater

Dos based and quick as hell:thumbup:

Just copy the .exe somewhere, open command line.

Change directory to where the formatter it's and type:

X:h2format x:

X of cause it's the location of the formatter and the second of the external.

In order to assign a drive letter you
Erase all partitions and build a new one WITHOUT formatting it (raw). This is done over "storage manager"build in every Windows.

Cheers Seb

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
I use another dos based program called fat32format.exe, it works great and i never had a problem with it :)

scrittipoliti

Noob Account
Aug 1, 2019
canada
Hey 1. know this is belated. the 360 default formats to fat32 which has a storage limit per file of 4gb. exFAT is an upgraded storage format with greatly expanded capacity. Xbox One may well have this capability; the 360 is so last-gen. I'm here because I have a friend with a 360 & I wanted to play my gameplay videos on it at 1080p on an external USB drive. But the 360 will only read a FAT32-formatted USB drive, so the video files are limited to 4GB or less - real inconvenient as some of my videos are a couple hundred gigs. In addition, the 360 will only play videos in WMV format. I was gonna ask if anyone knows of some way of getting an old 360 to format in exFAT.