external molex probs

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
ordered a x360usb pro,ck3lite and exterenal molex bundle from here on 5th April. Phoned up 15th April wondering where my order might be and was told the external molex's have been withdrawn as there blowing up and some more will be coming in a few weeks. I arranged for x360usb pro and ck3lite to be posted anyway (will pay the extra postage for external molex later) which i received next day ,so can't fault the company:)

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? Is it because there cheap china jobs? I know you can make your own power with a spare molex/usb lead but I'd rather wait. Frustrating though and not very professional.

ordered a x360usb pro,ck3lite and exterenal molex bundle from here on 5th April. Phoned up 15th April wondering where my order might be and was told the external molex's have been withdrawn as there blowing up and some more will be coming in a few weeks. I arranged for x360usb pro and ck3lite to be posted anyway (will pay the extra postage for external molex later) which i received next day ,so can't fault the company:)

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? Is it because there cheap china jobs? I know you can make your own power with a spare molex/usb lead but I'd rather wait. Frustrating though and not very professional.
It is decent of them to pull a product that they are having safety issues with rather than sell them anyays... that seems pretty professional to me...

crazzyeddie

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2010
Upstate NY
Do yourself a favor and make a usb-molex in 5 min.:cool:

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
I have myself got one blown (Ordered off Modtraders, but still) and it seems reasonable.
A lot of people are having this trouble. I would rather wait an extra week or 2 then have to spend another 25 bucks for another one (Shipping to canada from UK is decently expensive o__o)...

EDIT: I obviously do not blame Modtraders for the issue, though. They kindly offered to ship me another, but since I had already ordered another from a different location, I said it was alright.

Last edited:

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
Do yourself a favor and make a usb-molex in 5 min.:cool:
thanks.read up a bit and it can be done but have to manually eject tray (emulate) ect. As default pc usb is .5amps but can go up to 1amp and the wall molex power iam waiting for is 2amps ect. don't like the idea of manually doing it so will hang on but thanks all for your input. looks like we're all gonna have to wait months for 0225 anyhow so might as well leave my new slim unopened in box
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63793

Last edited: