LITEON DG-16D2S Fail Flash Help

FPSConner

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2012
Hello, I think I have a Lite-On DG-16D2S (Its for sure a Lite-On) and I failed at flashing it. I went through everything succesfully. Probing OK Power Cycling OK Writing OK but once I put it in my xbox it kept giving me the open tray error. So I put it back into my pc and then erased the fw off of it and now it doesnt power up. I have no Idea what to do. If youre able to help it would mean alot to me.

FPSConner

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2012
Can you be more specific? Sorry, Im a big noob :p

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

UPDATE: I have flashed to LT+ 3.0 but I still get Open Tray Error. Wtf? Is something fried?

jrmyers2008

Aug 25, 2012
Ohio
he's saying open jungleflasher and load the firmware you want to flash to the drive as the target, hit liteon erase, and then reflash the drive

FPSConner

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2012
he's saying open jungleflasher and load the firmware you want to flash to the drive as the target, hit liteon erase, and then reflash the drive
I got that after a second but after doing so when I put in my games I only get open tray.

prankster

VIP Member
This thread is yet another case of not reading/searching before posting, I can absolutely guarantee you this very same problem has been experienced and fixed by hundreds of folk on this very board. Hell even if you read the jungleflasher guide (not that anyone would, why not just click and guess how to use it, what could go wrong right?)

hilly360

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2011
DURHAM, North East. UK
Ok I did all of the steps and read every word in the guide, still no disc read.
then if u did it correct and its the correct dummybin for the console then it does sound like your laser if gone.

buy a new drive or laser and try it.

b1664z

Jul 27, 2009
Can you take the case off the drive and put a disc in with just the magnet from the case and see if the disc spins and the laser moves back and forth? Did you disconnect the laser ribbon before flashing?

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Sounds like a laser. Open tray tends to be disc not being picked up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2