Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
View attachment jRunner.png

J-Runner log:

Code:
[FONT=courier new]===================================================[/FONT]

===================================================
August 3, 2014 3:42:01 AM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

WARNING! - Your selected working directory already contains files!
You can view these files by using 'Show Working Folder' Button

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files

August 3, 2014 3:53:15 AM

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Corona 4GB Manually Selected
August 3, 2014 3:54:16 AM

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
RGH Selected
RGH2 Selected

Failed to get DiskGeometry.

August 3, 2014 4:13:55 AM

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files

RGH2 Selected

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:

Description of problem: I cannot read NAND from the SD card from TX Corona 4GB NAND RW Kit V4. J-Runner says "Failed to get DiskGeometry." I know the solder joints don't look nice, but I double checked them. They are all separate from each other. I also didn't connect the 5v cable of the Slim Proto v2.

Was the console working before you started: Y

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: No.

How long is the light on for each time: -

Attachments

Taijigamer2

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2013
England
The points on your reader need reflowing. Are u using flux? Place some flux on the points and reheat with soldering iron, some points may need a little more solder added aswell. This should give u some nice shiny joints. Good luck.

Reactions: zphingphong

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Hmm.. I didn't know what to do. So, I tried booting the system, see if it's still boot. But it doesn't boot anymore. Should it be able to boot at all after solder everything for Slim Proto v2 (without the 5v) ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Taijigamer2! I'll try that now.

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
The points on your reader need reflowing. Are u using flux? Place some flux on the points and reheat with soldering iron, some points may need a little more solder added aswell. This should give u some nice shiny joints. Good luck.

The more I fix it the worse it gets. Do you know if the system would boot to original nand with all the chips connected?

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Yes, the system should boot with the QSB.What kind of flux are you using?Seems to be a short here:

I don't really know what kind it it. It's the one from home depot. It just says lead free/water soluble. Could you please tell me where is the short?

Also, it's not just the QSB I have attached. I also soldered everything else that comes with Proto V2. It should still boot right?

Last edited:

zphingphong

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver, Canada

Thanks a bunch, man. But I think after I fix it it's even worse now. Before j-Runner can see me drive, it just cannot read it. Now it cannot detect the drive at all. So, if I mess up the solder on the QSB, should my original NAND still boot fine? Because in my case, it doesn't boot to stock nand anymore. I connect just the front panel and the heatsink back though. When I try to turn it on, it just beeps, but nothing happen. The fan doesn't even run. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.

Last edited:

Taijigamer2

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2013
England
Please post fresh pics of your work including proto. Flux should help form nice round joints. Try no to use too much solder.

ibzconsolemods

Aug 9, 2013
Orange County
You need to resolder your nand r/w kit. You need to keep on fluxing the points until you get a round smooth joint. What type of soldering iron are you even using?

Last edited:

ibzconsolemods

Aug 9, 2013
Orange County
Like ibzconsolemods said, u need to add flux to the points and reflow the point until u get a nice smooth joint. What solder are u using? There are plenty of good YouTube tutorials on soldering. Good luck.
He also bridged some points on the nand r/w kit if you look very closely. zphingphong made another post saying that he is using some type of home depot brand of solder flux so It could also be flux isn't as effective as a radioshack brand or kingbo flux

Edit: my bad he talked about the type of solder flux in this post not the other post I was talking about.

Last edited: