HITACHI 79 failed to read unlock cd

sdoor

Noob Account
Sep 16, 2011
Hi I flashed my hitachi drive with lt 2.0b all went well or i thought now my drive wont play any games backups or originals and will no longer play the unlock cd i flashed back to stock without the unlock cd and still nothing any help would be great

cog68

VIP Member
Apr 27, 2011
I am not sure what an unlock cd is could you explain?.Cog

Ok I googled it and all I could find was a temporary unlock method used for the v79 drives...Cog

Upon further look I noticed there are more posts where people use them currently. I will say I have not seen a old hatachi in so long I may have forgot but I don't remember the unlock cd. Also seen where diaboliq and playingmax seem to know something about the old hatachi's at least more than me. Trying to help and not doing a good job.Cog

Last edited:

sdoor

Noob Account
Sep 16, 2011
Ya seems like i can flash the drive without unlocking it and it reports fine but it will not play any disc and it was fine b4 never had drive errors

looney2008

Apr 28, 2009
uk stockton on tees
Hi did you read and save the drives origional firmware bud. if so open up the firmware in jungleflasher and check to see if its a spoof of another drive also does it still detect in jungle flasher anymore?
on jungleflasher app it says unlock cd that takes you to a link to download the img to burn to cd (cd not dvd) you press eject on ck3 put cd in click send mode b on jf when tray closes it the unlocks the drive with cd ie it spins the disc for a few secs max then allows you to upgrade the firmware try port io as well if first setting doesent do it for you.

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

also have you checked laser for voltage to pot tweek for better performance after the flash upgrade.