Falcon - Just how screwed am I? (Flash Config 0x00000 - Cannot Continue - kinda lost)

evanjs

May 31, 2013
Console Type: Falcon
NAND size: 16
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.16203
Image of R-JTAG board:

J1D2
J1D2 Back.jpg

J1D2 Front.jpg

AUD_CLAMP + JTAG ALT
JTAG ALT V2.jpg

POST OUT
POST Side.jpg

JRP/NANDX/CR QSB V3
QSB V3.jpg

(Bad?) Points

Left of CPU.jpg

Right of CPU.jpg

Description of problem:
Let me summarize what's happened so far:
Got my R-JTAG like a week or so ago, and had a friend who's had some experience with soldering help me install it in my Xbox.

Everything looked nice and clean in terms of soldering, but when I finished hooking everything up (snap-in cables between QSB's etc) and figured the drivers out, J-Runner kept throwing me a "Flash Config 0x00000 | Cannot Continue" error.

I looked around and read it's bad soldering 90% of the time, and that using QSBs makes soldering work harder to evaluate. I desoldered the J1D2 QSB and the JRP/NANDX/CR QSB V3, but now I'm unsure of where the "direct" solder points are.

I used this
video as a guide, but even following his diagram of "direct" points – the error still occurs.
VID.jpg

I know this could be one of many things, but it'd be extremely helpful if you guys could tell me two things (and please note I have searched a decent amount):
1. Did I totally kill my QSBs? (Specifically the J1D2 and QSB V3)

2. What do I do now? (Note the only resources I have are the R-JTAG Ultimate kit and some hookup wire (straight 18AWG, insulated), 60/40 rosin core solder, and some desolder braid and a pump).

I read the whole install guide for the initial install, and felt pretty confident about the whole thing, but I'm totally unsure of what to do now, just anxious to get this thing working....

Thanks guys.

Was the console working before you started: Y

evanjs

May 31, 2013
Re: Just how screwed am I? (Flash Config 0x00000 - Cannot Continue - kinda lost)

good clean up of the mobo points,then wire install..

prob be best if you can post a good clear image of your post out qsb also..

nand r/w points can be found here http://team-xecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/128-Xecuter-NAND-X-Support

but they are all in j-runner aswell.unde images...
Yeah I saw this layout earlier, but two questions:
What's the yellow point for/where does it connect to?
Isn't the blue wire supposed to connect the R-JTAG to the CPU_RST point? Or is this something totally different?

ChoCho346

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Odessa, Tx
Re: Just how screwed am I? (Flash Config 0x00000 - Cannot Continue - kinda lost)

This is totally different the pic you provided is for the nand x phat install meaning to read and write nand. To be honest man the Qsb's and points look so burned up you are definitely leaving the iron on the pad/points too long and also use some flux. Practice makes perfect, if you have some scrap boards practices on those.

Last edited:

evanjs

May 31, 2013

This is totally different the pic you provided is for the nand x phat install meaning to read and write nand.
Yeah I figured it was for something totally different, but it says J-Runner as well, right? I guess I'm still lost on the direct wiring layout, then >.> and I've looked through all the images in J-Runner, but none of them say "R-JTAG", so I'm a little unsure what to reference...

ChoCho346

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Odessa, Tx

Do you have your nanddumps already? I'll send you a link to the R-Jtag wire install ok.

evanjs

May 31, 2013

Ohhhh lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370388537.923684.jpg
I'm assuming the NAND-X diagram is for this one, right? So is it possible to safely change the QSB wire into a direct wire install? Sorry for all the noob questions guys, I probably should have posted this thread there in the first place...

Last edited:

jekdyell

Mar 9, 2013

ok i'm using your images..these are the nand read/write pads..

here are the points that the r-jtag uses.

now the D pad is the cpu rst wire.

evanjs

May 31, 2013

Do you have your nanddumps already? I'll send you a link to the R-Jtag wire install ok.
Nope, "cannot continue" error happened when I was trying to read my NAND.

evanjs

May 31, 2013

ok i'm using your images..these are the nand read/write pads..

here are the points that the r-jtag uses.

now the D pad is the cpu rst wire.
Alright sweet, that really helps.
But how do I take the connectors off of these? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370388884.846598.jpg
(That's what I'm supposed to do, right?)

ChoCho346

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Odessa, Tx

Ohhhh lol
View attachment 17231
I'm assuming the NAND-X diagram is for this one, right? So is it possible to safely change the QSB wire into a direct wire install? Sorry for all the noob questions guys, I probably should have posted this thread there in the first place...
That is correct so use that to read your nand then continue with the R-jtag install once you have your dumps and written xell.

Dreamreaper

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2004
Not on this planet!

You got the psu plugged in to the mobo and the power on at the socket?

evanjs

May 31, 2013

That is correct so use that to read your nand then continue with the R-jtag install once you have your dumps and written xell.
Soo, seeing as my V3 QSBs are basically ruined - should I just strip the wire on this end View attachment 17234 and direct wire it using the diagram jekdyell provided?

jekdyell

Mar 9, 2013

as you have removed the qsb from mobo.clean up the mobo points.

then post the new images of it all clead up.so some pros can see if you done more damage to the pad or traces..

also as you not using qsb now to read or write to the nand.

then cut these plugs only

cut.jpg

evanjs

May 31, 2013

Was looking for something like that, thanks, ordering that to make sure I don't screw-up the only NAND-X cable I have.

In the meantime, I'll try to cleanup the mobo a bit.
At the moment, I'm using 90% alcohol with Q-tips and an abrasive pen which I am only now reading the bad reviews on :p
I've read that I should use something like alcohol w/steel brush or similar, but does anyone here have other recommendations?