[FALCON, R-JTAG+] Front power switch/panel doesn’t seem to work any more...?

peanutismint

May 11, 2014
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
This might be a simple noob error but I’m installing a CR4 in my Falcon and a strange thing is happening - my front panel with the lights and power button has stopped working. I can power on with the eject button but I obviously can’t get any sort of ‘error code’ in the lights of the front panel… Also as soon as I unplug the front panel switch, the console powers up, almost like it’s shorting out or something… Is this a known ‘feature’?? The front panel was working fine up to and even after I installed my CR4/DemoN but has since stopped lighting up/working….

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
This might be a simple noob error but I’m installing a CR4 in my Falcon and a strange thing is happening - my front panel with the lights and power button has stopped working. I can power on with the eject button but I obviously can’t get any sort of ‘error code’ in the lights of the front panel… Also as soon as I unplug the front panel switch, the console powers up, almost like it’s shorting out or something… Is this a known ‘feature’?? The front panel was working fine up to and even after I installed my CR4/DemoN but has since stopped lighting up/working….
Good pics of all soldering will be needed. You have another rol to try?

Last edited:

peanutismint

May 11, 2014
Cardiff, Wales (UK)
Pics here:

http://imgur.com/a/pH6X3

Nope, only got the one panel (it's my own personal console). I should mention that this is the least of my worries....! A much more experienced friend re-soldered and saved my botched DemoN install but now the console won't boot to anything.... Not even stock....

Last edited: