Fatal Crash Error Intercepted when USB inserted & crashes when opening xex file

jayrawk007

Noob Account
Jul 26, 2020
usa
Hi everyone, so I have Freestyle Dash 3, and am trying to run a xex file to update my 360 to be able to play more Original Xbox games. When I insert a USB drive now (was working before), the Xbox 360 logo screen comes up, but says "Fatal Error Intercepted" and the console shuts down. XM 360 craches when opened, as well as XEX Menu they just go to black screen, then have to open menu to go back to Freestyle dash). Also, when trying to open any the xex file in the Carnage manager, it says "Fatal Crash Intercepted and the console shuts down. All the games I have loaded on the HDD work fine. Tried all 3 USB ports, and 2 different USB drives with same results.

Should also mention I'm somewhat of a Noob/beginner for JTAG, as someone modded it for me a while back, but I've hacked other consoles myself before.

Been over 10 years since I broke out my 360, and I would love to play more Xbox classic games on it with the update. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
You need the hacked XBOX1 emulator files to be able to play some original XBOX titles (be advised that not all original games work on the XBOX 360, even with the hacked emulator files). You don't need XeXMenu if you have FSD3 and you don't really need XM360 as DashLaunch uses contpatch to patch (unlock) most DLC and xblapatch does the same for XBLA titles (make sure contpatch = true / xblapatch = true / licpatch = true in your Launch.ini file for this to happen).

Last edited:

jayrawk007

Noob Account
Jul 26, 2020
usa
You need the hacked XBOX1 emulator files to be able to play some original XBOX titles (be advised that not all original games work on the XBOX 360, even with the hacked emulator files). You don't need XeXMenu if you have FSD3 and you don't really need XM360 as DashLaunch uses contpatch to patch (unlock) most DLC and xblapatch does the same for XBLA titles (make sure contpatch = true / xblapatch = true / licpatch = true in your Launch.ini file for this to happen).
Thanks for the quick reply! So I do have an Original Xbox Emulator on the console, I want to make my console backwards compatible with original Xbox disc games with the updated backwards compatibilty files in this video
I guess the main questions I'm trying to find out why is my 360 crashes when I try to run this xex, and why it says fatal error when I start the console with a usb drive inside 🤔