Fiber Optic Port Installation

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Yes it is possible, just connect i to the same pins on av connector that the original one (the one on the composit/component cable) connects to.

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
are u wanting to know this for fibre optic cable for surround sound if so just get a VGA HD-AV with Optical Output

Ep Woody

Noob Account
Aug 5, 2011
You can also get an audio adapter. Sells on ebay for a few dollars. That way you don't have to solder anything, and still be able to use your HDMI connection.

Bravo1979

Oct 25, 2012
Bethlehem
Fiber optic port

Hi there,
I'm just wondering if there is a way to install a fiber optic port on the motherboard of an xbox360 (older version, the one without a direct connection to fiber optic cable). I recently purchased a fiber optic adapter. i plugged a fiber optic cable to it to my surround system but with no luck. I don't know what the problem is, I doubt that there is a problem with the motherboard or the adapter port. could someone please shed some light on this matter?

I'd really appreciate your time and effort :)

meads1970

BANNED
Jul 5, 2011
Lancashire
Re: Fiber optic port

think u already have a topic about this
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=681033#post681033

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

optical lead in the above then to the back of a dvd player or what ever ur running ur surround sound through,then choose the right AUX / OPT output ect ect thats just how mine is

Reactions: madhaxer

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
Re: Fiber optic port

[/COLOR]optical lead in the above then to the back of a dvd player or what ever ur running ur surround sound through,then choose the right AUX / OPT output ect ect thats just how mine is[/QUOTE]

Yes this would be the best way to do it, but if you just want to do it the hard way I have a pic for you.