Filebrowser FTP Server and Savegame FTP not stored after app closing

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
Hi,

I have added my FTP Server for save games and in the file browser, everytime I close the app and open again both entry’s are gone.
Is this a bug?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I haven't played around with it much myself other than making the actually backups, but before launching the installer, make sure that your switch is connected to your network. It takes a couple sec once you turn the switch on to connect. Then try to launch and see what happens.

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
Sure the switch is connected.
You can add the ftp folder close the app open the app and the ftp folder is gone. Instead the the a new folder without a name when you open that folder, it is the sx installer folder.

Same for the backup path in options

vertigo

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2018
if you press the home button, or run it as a NSP, it will not save. You must use b-button exit as a NRO to save the settings. This will probably be changed, as more people are starting to run as NSP.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Very weird. Didn't know there was a NSP version. I use a forwarder and have not lost any mounts in the file browser.

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
I used the nro and ever closed the app with b.
In the Option.join is the entry for the saveDirectory set, with username and Passwort, but in the app the field is blank.

And so the saves can not be saved to this ftp
OK I found the issue:
If you have spaces in the path then yo get this issues, without the spaces it works :)
For both filebrowser and savegames

Bevore: ftp://12344:21/Switch Folder/Save --> Does not work
After: ftp://12344:21/Switch_Folder/Save --> Work

Last edited:

vertigo

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2018
I used the nro and ever closed the app with b.
In the Option.join is the entry for the saveDirectory set, with username and Passwort, but in the app the field is blank.

And so the saves can not be saved to this ftp
OK I found the issue:
If you have spaces in the path then yo get this issues, without the spaces it works :)
For both filebrowser and savegames

Bevore: ftp://12344:21/Switch Folder/Save --> Does not work
After: ftp://12344:21/Switch_Folder/Save --> Work
I believe it wants URL encoded. You could try a %20 for space and see if that works, but it is a good bug report.