ANSWERED Finally quality XGD3 burns!

scoobysnax982

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2010
Just wanted to share my settings in which I finally got great Kprobe results.

IHAS 124 b W/ BURNMAX
X360PRO
VERBS MKM003
EEPROM utility tool- ALL options "OFF" clear OPC history.
In Imgburn I manually set my Layer Break at 2,133,520 because the calculate optimal option was giving me very high spikes at the Layer Break.
OPC option "OFF"
Burned at 4X
VERIFY YOUR BURNS!!! (It let's Imgburn know if it burned correctly by verifying with the original image, helps with future burns!!)

Ive done alot of reading about everyones different settings that work for them and made 50 coasters before I tried turning all options OFF, specific Layer Break at 2,133,520 and making sure I verify my burns. I got instant reults. These were my next 3 burn results in Kprobe. Hopefully this helps someone in all my trial and error.

Reactions: DREDBOX

aatif104

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2011
London babyyy
Thanks for posting your settings and glad it worked out :D

Edit: My settings are totally different but eh what works for you :D

Last edited:

scoobysnax982

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2010
Edit: My settings are totally different but eh what works for you :D
I know it was totally opposite of everything I have read. I first started out with Smart Burn ON, Force Hyper Tuning ON, and everything else off. And various other combinations of that with the same spike at the layer break. Finally imgburn would even verify and kprobe spikes were over PI 1600. It was like night and day with no advanced options set and a specific layer break.

aatif104

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2011
London babyyy
well i guess its different for everyone...

mine are:
OPC on
Force hypertuning -Enabled
Hypertuning -Enabled
everything else off....
and burn at 4x

hasn't failed me yet :D

ihaveacamaro

VIP Member
Apr 4, 2011
Central-ish Florida
Verifying your burns in imgburn does nothing just so you know. It means nothing anymore for xgd3 burns.

Many times a burn won't verify in imgburn, but when you run the kprobe it's all good and guess what, kprobe is all that matters. Don't sweat the verifying in imgburn.

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Verifying your burns in imgburn does nothing just so you know. It means nothing anymore for xgd3 burns.

Many times a burn won't verify in imgburn, but when you run the kprobe it's all good and guess what, kprobe is all that matters. Don't sweat the verifying in imgburn.
I find the exact opposite of what you just said to be true.

DREDBOX

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2011
YORKSHIRE
Hi

Ive just tried the settings as recomended and in particular setting the Layer Break at 2,133,520 , and ive got really good results, far better than usual.
Thank you for sharing this , its really positive

lol Qaeda

Feb 1, 2011
Well heck, it worked for you so that's what matters!

Thanks for the heads up about the verifying thing, though; I think that might be what I changed since I started doing burns that might've changed things. Guess I'll have to see!

tjapado

Dec 19, 2011
hu ? normal layer break of image file is 2133520 and you put some ,,,, manual between the numbers ? i thought that you shoudent mess with the layer break ???

Greetings

tezza192

Noob Account
Jan 4, 2005
United Kingdom
Its different settings for different setups so use what works well for you, unfortunately there are no universal setups

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
hu ? normal layer break of image file is 2133520 and you put some ,,,, manual between the numbers ? i thought that you shoudent mess with the layer break ???

Greetings
He was breaking the number down with (,) You cannot even put (,) in between numbers in the layerbreak option of Imgburn
2,133,520 and 2133520 are the same

Last edited:

akashi

Apr 28, 2007
What's the point to verify whan it's already written ? You can't change anything
Verifying a disc after a burn is good practice. If it fails, throw the disc away and re-burn.

If you are going to check your newly written disc with Kprobe then skip the verification on IMGBurn. Kprobe presents a more detailed scan.

Last edited:

millhouse9

Jan 2, 2012
Kprobe just tests the quality of the burn. It doesn't verify your burn against the image. So, it is important to verify your burn against your image. Just because you have good kprobe results doesn't necessarily mean that your burn verifies with the image.

freeez

Mar 6, 2012
thanx for sharing ur result & burns info , i verify my burn by installing to HDD , if installing done so it is a good burn if not it is a bad burn ;)

Last edited:

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
thanx for sharing ur result & burns info , i verify my burn by installing to HDD , if installing done so it is a good burn if not it is a bad burn ;)
That's sh*t info you're giving....

That's not the proper way to do it, First run the rip through Abgx360, Patch it, Then burn with Imgburn 2.5.6.0, Then run the disc through abgx360 to verify, Then check with Kprobe2 to check it burned properly, If it meets the standards, Then insert it in the 360, Install or play.

djxxx

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2006
Planet Earth
That's not the case... If it decides to copy different values your hdd isn't going to know so it's best practice to verify burns with imgburn .. It doesn't take that long to verify

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
That's not the case... If it decides to copy different values your hdd isn't going to know so it's best practice to verify burns with imgburn .. It doesn't take that long to verify
You do realize that install to hdd is an all or nothing thing, right? Either it works or it doesn't. No "differnt values" about it. That's why its a decent burn stress test.