ANSWERED first flash to LT 2.0 need help!

jeanmarcel

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2011
Hello guys, after a lot of tutorials and video i think i'm ready to flash my xbox. I've paid few times to flash but now i want to do by myself.

Now i just created this thread to solve some doubt with the experts hehehehe.

Information i have:

Lite-On Drive DG-16D2S
FW Ver: 83850C i think. because of dashboard.
Xbox Dashboard is 2.0.13604.0

Steps:
Extract Key
- Can I use un adaptor to USB/SATA (simple one, with power source, also converts IDE)? I use a laptop and here in Brazil a usb360pro cost $140. So its better find a desktop than buy usb360pro.

Back to Stock (never play on internet)
- Use my key in source field and a 83850C fw in target?

Update Dashboard to 13599
Do I need to extract Key again? (no i think).
Flash to lt 2.0.
Have fun

I'm preocupated with the USB/SATA adaptor. The only thing could happen is not find the drive or can i damage?

Sorry about my English.

Last edited by a moderator:

cog68

VIP Member
Apr 27, 2011
As Johnny said no you can't use a usb to sata convertor you need a usbpro from TX period for laptops unless you can find a via card but that makes the process much harder. you do not need to update your dash as it is up to date. For that dash the drive OEM firmware for it is no longer 83850C it is 02510C on all phat liteons regardless of which version it says on the drive. You really need to search the forum and read and make 100% sure you understand or you will not only mess up your drive and possibly your box but you will get yourself banned from XBL if you use it. Hope this gets you started.Cog

jeanmarcel

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2011
Sorry guys, i wrong copy/paste this.

My Dashboard is 12625 heheheh, my lt should be lt+ because i can play L.A Noite and Black Ops.

Here you don't find usb360pro so you have to import or buy for R$ 240,00 + ship. Some around $110,00.

A i've never played on XBL and i'm note sure if i'm going to, but i would like to do everything nice hehehehe, so that why i'm looking for help, thanks guys.

I can damage my drive trying to use this conversor?
product:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-208450233-cabo-adaptador-ide-sata-usb-20-conversor-fonte-_JM

synxx

VIP Member
if your unsure of anything your better off getting what it says you need in the tutorial and following it. using different products is going to be a risk because if you get stuck theres no guarantee anyone can help you if your using unfamiliar products.

jeanmarcel

Noob Account
Dec 2, 2011
I'm thinking to buy the xbox360pro from DealExtreme.
Even if i buy the usbx360pro i've to probe the mpx01 to extract the key?

the xbox360 is just to my notebook reconize the driver right?