Fix for Falcon and Jasper CR4 / RJTAG+ issues

tydye81

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2012
If you have issues with your Falcon/Opus or Jasper glitching then freezing before hitting dashboard, or if xell only works but won't boot dash. These files are for you especially. If you have erratic boot times these files may also help improve that. RGH2 users using chips other than the CR4 may also benefit from these files but I'm not sure how much, which is why I posted the files and was hoping to get some feedback so I can improve them. Please let me know if it helps or hurts or even just pisses you off ;)

Basically in the CR4 we increased boot speeds by making the xbox reset a bit faster. Because of the varying times in boot speed between xboxes, sometimes they are not able to completely make it to the dashboard before it times out and resets which either makes glitching stop and your stuck at a black screen, or it will just glitch forever.

You may still need to tweak the smc_config values after replacing your smc with these replacements. This has nothing to do with any of those values so feel free to experiment. I just wanted to get this out there to help people with issues.

Obviously since I've completely removed the speed increase you may notice a second or two slower times between glitches and I may release more files in the future that will bring it back but with a slightly longer timeout, but first I would like to get some feedback.

Instructions: Build nand as normal, swap SMC with provided:

Falcon/OPUS Alternate SMC:
https://mega.nz/#!O4Zl1Yib!N6zYNQCqkXdERwvefA2m-jLPls93k6XvfaI-aggKNJg

Jasper Alternate SMC:
https://mega.nz/#!ThpByLrS!_feV_P8GcN6_hZ69vgqc83HBXfa6gEStdjpMKsDBfNc

Edit: Updated links.

Last edited:

Hypotoad

BANNED
Great work I had a Jasper 16mb R-Jtag that would either glitch first time or not at all, wonder if these would have fixed that? Or was that a different issue?

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
Been waiting for something like this for a while, I got quite a few boards in need of this fix, I will report back with the results soon.

Thanks!!

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Would these work with regular r-jtag? Just asking, because my jasper likes to freeze when I plug in usb drives, and sometimes takes longer then I would like to boot.

iTzCalvinFTW

Sep 3, 2014
The Netherlands
If you have issues with your Falcon/Opus or Jasper glitching then freezing before hitting dashboard, or if xell only works but won't boot dash. These files are for you especially. If you have erratic boot times these files may also help improve that. RGH2 users using chips other than the CR4 may also benefit from these files but I'm not sure how much, which is why I posted the files and was hoping to get some feedback so I can improve them. Please let me know if it helps or hurts or even just pisses you off ;)

Basically in the CR4 we increased boot speeds by making the xbox reset a bit faster. Because of the varying times in boot speed between xboxes, sometimes they are not able to completely make it to the dashboard before it times out and resets which either makes glitching stop and your stuck at a black screen, or it will just glitch forever.

You may still need to tweak the smc_config values after replacing your smc with these replacements. This has nothing to do with any of those values so feel free to experiment. I just wanted to get this out there to help people with issues.

Obviously since I've completely removed the speed increase you may notice a second or two slower times between glitches and I may release more files in the future that will bring it back but with a slightly longer timeout, but first I would like to get some feedback.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/i4vxuj

Jasper Alternate SMC:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/on70ip

Hmmm let my try this. I'll let you know if this hurts me, helps me or pisses me off.

iTzCalvinFTW

Sep 3, 2014
The Netherlands
Hmmmm

******* ERROR: clean SMC binary found? you should use a hacked SMC binary for JTAG images.

***** FATAL BUILD ERROR: -4 unable to complete NAND image

---------------------------------------------------------------
xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Failed

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Its not for rjtag, ty mustve had a brain fart when he wrote that. Worked great on rgh2+ jasper for me yesterday though.

Reactions: iTzCalvinFTW

iTzCalvinFTW

Sep 3, 2014
The Netherlands

https://www.sendspace.com/file/i4vxuj

Jasper Alternate SMC:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/on70ip
It hurts me... It doesn't work on R-JTAG+ :eek2:. But it works perfectly on RGH2+

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Its not for rjtag, ty mustve had a brain fart when he wrote that. Worked great on rgh2+ jasper for me yesterday though.
I am glad someone mentioned this, as my r-jtag sometimes has these issues, and my demon attachment board broke, and I havnt replaced it yet, it would have sucked to have to solder in my jr-programmer just because it didnt work.

clr1121

Sep 9, 2015
My Falcon RGH2 - CR4 XL unit does this. I downloaded your file. How do I implement that file into Jrunner? (I just started to mod consoles)