Flash The main X3 bios

skull666

Noob Account
Jan 5, 2005
United kingdom
Hi can some one please let me know how to flash the main X3 bios i am trying to flash the bios with a X3_1959 but i noticed that the FlashBios App says FlashBios 3.0.0.0 My xbox is a 1.6 (samsung memory) so i need it at 3.0.0.1 to flash the 1mb right or not

sb122606

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2004
England
it worked for me form the backup flash...
but saying that have u tried loading all of the 256K flash areas.
The chip should be loaded with 3.0.3 from your supllier

try all combinations let me know what u get
"256k Bank
Bank 1: on on on on
Bank 2: off on on on
Bank 3: on off on on
Bank 4: off off on on
Bank 5: on on off on
Bank 6: off on off on
Bank 7: on off off on
Bank 8: off off off on

xXLoganXx

Dec 25, 2004
Tampa USA
1959 is a 1024kbios and will only go into 2 banks.

1234 (On On Off Off)
5678 (Off On Off Off)

Hope this helps

Hamese

Jun 1, 2004
Houston, TX
mrbleedyeyeyez said:
what do the banks mean?
There is a 2meg chip used to store the bios information on the x3. Since the different bios tend to be smaller than 2meg, you can divide the space up into banks. You can have eight 256k banks, four 512k, or two 1024k(1meg) banks. The switch panel that came with the x3 helps control witch bank to flash, and then which bank to boot from.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
skull666 said:
but i noticed that the FlashBios App says FlashBios 3.0.0.0 My xbox is a 1.6 (samsung memory) so i need it at 3.0.0.1 to flash the 1mb right or not
sheesh

ok why would you need a different flashbios version if you say you can see flashbios loading correctly on your xbox ?

Audi90Quattro

Nov 30, 2004
Michigan
Also in your first post you said you were trying to flash with 1959. Make sure that you are flashing with 1959_plusv16, if you have a 1.6 or 1.6b.

Zipposlug

Nov 17, 2003
You say it DOES work with LT+? I'm scared to apply the update to my "mod" console. I don't wanna get it bricked from being able to play until C4Eva releases a new firmware..

Also, your disk is different than mine! How was your update? Did it go through the disk or download from online? Mine was through the disk, yours probably was online.. just curious. :)

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
if you update your console, you will have to reflash LT+ to the drive afterwords

i would suggest taking the update with stock firmware if you are going to do it

honestly, it isn't worth taking the update

Zipposlug

Nov 17, 2003
if you update your console, you will have to reflash LT+ to the drive afterwords

i would suggest taking the update with stock firmware if you are going to do it

honestly, it isn't worth taking the update
Yeah too bad I don't have my stock. Just a pre-LT version. The thing that scares me most is all the stuff on the disk and instructions saying if you put it in a console thats not been "approved" for beta, it will disable LIVE access. I don't play the modded console on LIVE, thats why I have 2, but the fact that they're actively trying to break the firmware mod is enough to make me iffy. Especially if it's going to break LIVE even if it wasn't modded.

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
the firmware pack from xbins contains stock firmware from all drives, just put your key in that

it won't break LIVE permanently, just until the official new dash comes out

Zipposlug

Nov 17, 2003
See, I wondered about that. I always saw extra files in the firmware packs and wondered what they were. Now I know! I don't know how long the beta is going to last. Is it really worth all the trouble to flash to stock, update, reflash to LT+1.1 just to play? Or would I be ahead to just wait it out? Since my profile and stuff is on the hard drive, I really have to update this firmware to the mod box just to play, kinda sux.

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
once again, you don't have to update your box to play

just use a USB stick formatted as an xbox memory device to transfer your profile between xboxes

xpl

Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2004
The update will reset your key to zeros, so make sure you get a copy of your current firmware unless you have a backup of the original. Just so you are aware the new update disables modified profiles used to share arcade games and current ap25 games. I got my update online and when I try to login to Live from my other 360's it asks me to update so you are kinda restricted. If the xbox you are updating is not going online it probably doesn't matter if you flash original firmware first, I would say go that route if you plan to play online.

Joesinger - did you enter the beta by chance? People may want to try out the update for many different reasons and just possibly may want to contribute to ms for the final product. You should say it's not worth it for you to take the update. I personally have an extensive collection of games I've purchased and I'm going through them to help report any bugs. I also wanted to know what all the people that I have modded boxes for need to expect.

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
I also wanted to know what all the people that I have modded boxes for need to expect.
I find that to be very admirable. While i did not sign up for the beta, i've been playing around with the beta update on a couple consoles. However, we need to remember that this is just a beta. For all we know, the official update (which will affect all your customers), may be completely different and make a lot of research into the beta for naught. For this reason, i say that it is not worth updating to the beta, unless you are a bit of a masochist.

Zipposlug

Nov 17, 2003
I don't really want to update if I don't have too, but since it stored my profile and save on the hard drive I used on my legit console, my mod console now requires the update to be able to play anything because the profile is in the new dash. I don't play my mod console online, and it still knows now that an update is required. I don't have anything attached to the console (drive, memory card, etc) and it still comes up wanting an update to the dash before playing. This is all thanks to my original hookup of the harddrive. Wierd huh?

methman

Dec 31, 2002
So to make a complete dashboard update you must return you drive to original firmware or else the dashboard update progress bring you an error and stops the update procedure correct?

And if you return to the original firmware your xbox360 dvdrom drive update to the new dashboard then you can dump with the normal procedure your new dvdrom firmware if it is liteon 74850c with R707 point and ck3 probe2 or you can't and must you have the original firmware before the dashboard update because the key doesn't change?