FlashBIOS menu wont scroll up and down / cant make selections

NomadNik

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2005
My controller doesn't work with the bios screen, so cant complete installation... have tried all ports, but with Xecuter 2.6 chip activated no joy.

XBox Controller S
Part: X09-69873
Serial: 712550564B

Nothing else attached... Box was virgin unit before installing modchip.

Can anyone help/advise?

temper

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2005
MS controller would not work, used a generic wireless controller and worked fine.

eldritch

Noob Account
Jan 4, 2006
I have two Hip Gear the size of controller S that do not work and a Mad Catz racing wheel that does not work either. I can't find my controller S to try so I am going to go out and buy a couple of differnt controllers to try out tonight.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful for other people or not, but I have different color sequences on boot depending on whether the contorller is plugged in or not. With it unplugged, the sequence is green, orange flash, then green flashes while it finds the hardware. With the controller(s) plugged in in any slot, the sequence is green, red, orange, then flashing gree while it detects hardware. Also, if / when the controllers get plugged in, the menu moves from the top selection to the second before freezing.

eldritch

Noob Account
Jan 4, 2006
Update: I went out and bought another controller s because I can't find either of mine. It worked fine. I am still having another problem where half the leds aren't lighting up near the dip switches, but I'm not too worried about that so long as it works.

dataduck

Noob Account
Apr 27, 2006
Enableing Network Flash

I had the same controller problems re flashing as everyone else. I have a 1.6b motherboard. Controller was futuretronics, abcolutely dead on the bios flash menue. Did notice however that my generic dvd controller would enther enable a network flash or boot bios.bin from C:\. Fortunatley I was able to flash my bios via network flash.

eguli

Noob Account
Feb 25, 2007
Used a Logitech controller...would not scroll. Changed to Original and Life is good!!

valcor

Noob Account
Feb 27, 2007
Can anyone confirm that an official m$ xbox DVD playback remote works for navigation. I have tried multiple standard controllers with no success, and have limited resources towards acquiring another. Thanks in advance.

dukeXport

Noob Account
Mar 22, 2007
I just unplugged the controller from the quick connect and plugged back in and all worked fine.