Flashing a 7 seires liteon

tokie_

Noob Account
Mar 29, 2011
on i know you can use the probe 3 to do it andi knwo with the 7x you need to use serial or use to get the key i have a spare 360 motherboard laying arund i can use to power my drive and all so im guessing that would power the probe since it plugs into the back of the drive .. my question is how dose it connect to usb to extract the key data and no i dont wanna be told to just buy this and that im looking for an answer because im cuerious thank you

xboxmedic999

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2010
www.xboxmedic999.webs.com
no i dont wanna be told to just buy this and that im looking for an answer because im cuerious thank you
Try reading the JUNGLE FLASHER PDF TUTORIAL in the tutorial section of the forum!

That way you can answer all your queries! :rolleyes:

Its 1 thing asking but its even better to actually SEARCH or try reading the DESTRUCTIONS FIRST! (Yes i mean instructions) :p

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
on i know you can use the probe 3 to do it andi knwo with the 7x you need to use serial or use to get the key i have a spare 360 motherboard laying arund i can use to power my drive and all so im guessing that would power the probe since it plugs into the back of the drive .. my question is how dose it connect to usb to extract the key data and no i dont wanna be told to just buy this and that im looking for an answer because im cuerious thank you
U will either need a compatible sata chipset or a via 6421 card to connect the drive to your computer u do really need a ck3 pro or lite as flash said to retrieve your dvd key, people who have used an xbox to power the drive have had problems and errors flashing the drive

Last edited:

tokie_

Noob Account
Mar 29, 2011
well i have a working chipset ive flashed 2 so far one was a ben q the other a lite on 8x seires v1 but my question is still not being answered and jungle flasher didnt answer it either ive read and read i want to know how it uses usb to get the data i dont see a usb crd on the probe 3 at all so where is it hooked up at ? a i see is power cables.... so i was woundering why it says use or a serial port

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
well i have a working chipset ive flashed 2 so far one was a ben q the other a lite on 8x seires v1 but my question is still not being answered and jungle flasher didnt answer it either ive read and read i want to know how it uses usb to get the data i dont see a usb crd on the probe 3 at all so where is it hooked up at ? a i see is power cables.... so i was woundering why it says use or a serial port
U need a ck3 to be able to use the probe with it

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
PLEASE DONT BANN ME FOR THIS I JUST GOT IRRITATED!

If you don't want to be told what to buy are what you need,then why did you even bother to post this.All experianced modders on this site will tell you not to use a xb360mb as a power supply.Im not a mod but i find this extreamly irritating that you have posted such ruckas.So im tell you anyway and if you don't like so be it.

1) You need the ck3 to power the dvd drive and probe,"the safe way".

2) Powering the probe 3 with the xb360 is highly not recommended by me and many others.

3)This is a support site dude there gonna tell you the correct way to use there product's they have built them im sure they know how to use them.:rolleyes:

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
PLEASE DONT BANN ME FOR THIS I JUST GOT IRRITATED!

If you don't want to be told what to buy are what you need,then why did you even bother to post this.All experianced modders on this site will tell you not to use a xb360mb as a power supply.Im not a mod but i find this extreamly irritating that you have posted such ruckas.So im tell you anyway and if you don't like so be it.

1) You need the ck3 to power the dvd drive and probe,"the safe way".

2) Powering the probe 3 with the xb360 is highly not recommended by me and many others.

3)This is a support site dude there gonna tell you the correct way to use there product's they have built them im sure they know how to use them.:rolleyes:
Lol :D some people just dont listen

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Lol :D some people just dont listen

I know it was wrong but,dude ppl want Help and they just will not read or demand they don't want to be TOLD the right thing to do. Obviously they want help but don't want you to tell what they need to do the job correctly.

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
I know it was wrong but,dude ppl want Help and they just will not read or demand they don't want to be TOLD the right thing to do. Obviously they want help but don't want you to tell what they need to do the job correctly.
Some people just keep beating around the bush even when you answer their question, thinking that it may allow them to use the method that they want to use eg this guy to use the probe through an old xbox board

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Some people just keep beating around the bush even when you answer their question, thinking that it may allow them to use the method that they want to use eg this guy to use the probe through an old xbox board
Somewhat that is true,but why in the world would you want to tell him to power the probe through an xb360mb knowing it's unsafe and may cause damage to his drive.Me personally would never Recommend anyone to use the probe in this way because it's not safe.This a Team Xecuter product site inwhich i do believe in useing their products in every step of the way. Powering a probe with the xb360mb is the wrong way and the xb360mb is not there product,So why power it with the mb,when it is supposed to be used with a ck3 pro/lite.

Jaz321

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2011
Halifax, United Kingdom
Somewhat that is true,but why in the world would you want to tell him to power the probe through an xb360mb knowing it's unsafe and may cause damage to his drive.Me personally would never Recommend anyone to use the probe in this way because it's not safe.This a Team Xecuter product site inwhich i do believe in useing their products in every step of the way. Powering a probe with the xb360mb is the wrong way and the xb360mb is not there product,So why power it with the mb,when it is supposed to be used with a ck3 pro/lite.
You are right there but some people just dont want to listen so let them learn the hard way

tokie_

Noob Account
Mar 29, 2011
the real question here is how dose it WORK ... i under the powering part i wanna knw how the probe 3 uses USB to get the key when i see NO USB plug on the probe 3 all their is ... is just a power cable so get mad blow off steam but at least read what i posted first

tommytucka

Jan 30, 2011
Manchester
I think you hould read what we posted, you NEED a CK3 PRO or LITE to power the drive, open your god damn eyes.

crazzyeddie

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2010
Upstate NY
Wow guys, You can use your old xbox to power your drive period. It's much easier to power cycle with a ck3pro or lite! The probe doesn't rely on usb, it simply puts a break in the 3.3v line when you probe. Your Sata or USBPRO connection and JF does the rest. I don't understand the beating this guy took, he was asking a simple question.
Some people just don't have the extra cash to buy something they will only use once. Can't we all just get along?:cool: