LITEON 93450 Flashing Help

cvananden

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2011
Hey guys, sorry for being a complete newbie to this but I wasn't sure where to start.

I recently got a 2nd xbox 360 and decided I want to flash my older one to play game backups and such. Well I've taken it apart no problem and found out that I have the lite-on 93450C.

I kept reading and found out about having to perform cuts and soldering and such. To be honest I'm horrible when it comes to soldering and don't want to ruin my drive on this.

I was curious if I were to buy the X360USB Pro and the kit on XConsoles ( http://www.xconsoles.com/products/X360USB-PRO-&-CK3i-MEGA-BUNDLE-#1.html ) if I would be able to do the whole process properly and avoid soldering.

I was also curious if the new update that Microsoft just pushed out this week would cause an issue with attempting to do the flash.

Again sorry for being a newbie here I'm just not sure where to begin with this.

mozo88

Jul 23, 2010
yup no soldering needed with the kit you linked!

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

I kept reading and found out about having to perform cuts and soldering and such. To be honest I'm horrible when it comes to soldering and don't want to ruin my drive on this.
Well I'm glad you are reading a bit. But you are reading the old method in extracting the dvd key from lite-ons. The new method doesn't require any soldering which is probably where you got confused.

ball00

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2011
France
Read the jungle flasher PDF it has the up to date methods using probe rather than the old mra hack.

cvananden

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2011
I was reading through the jungle flasher PDF (it's quite extensive) so I may have missed something. The up to date methods with the probe it mentions is the one I assume is used with the ck3 probe correct?

Also thanks for answering! I know noob questions are rough haha.

So I take it I'm safe to go ahead and order the kit and start really reading the PDF?

whoseanthony

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2011
Arkansas
Your lite on drive is one of the easiest. Get a ck3i, USB pro, and probe 3 and just follow the tutorial. You will only use the probe the first time to get the key then you will never have to open the drive itself again. Super easy.

cvananden

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2011
Alright thanks everyone.

I may as well just buy that kit then considering the probe, the usbpro and the ck3i will run me a little more than the kit =]

I appreciate all of the help so far!

cvananden

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2011
So i was just reading about the lite on drive at another forum. Someone had suggested waiting for LT 3+ for this drive because of the newest update. I guess it wont read xgd3?

Is this true? Again sorry, but there are so many different areas to learn about it's blowing my mind haha.