Flashing LiteOn iHas for XGD3

ajparry17

Noob Account
Dec 21, 2012
I will start by apologizing in advance, I am indeed a newbie to Flashing and backing up my 360 games.
I am seeking some much needed advice, i have been browsing and reading forums for hours trying to get my head around all of this, some of which im finding hard to digest.

However i must be getting somewhere :p
I think it would be easier by explaining my current situation, a friend of mine has recently flashed my 360 LiteOn Drive with the latest Firmware LT+ 3.0. (soon to be replaced any day by what i believe to be LT+ U). I am confident i could now do this myself so im learning.

My situation now is i am wanting to burn my XGD3 games using an iHas124B Drive. In order to do this i understand i must Flash the Drive with iXtreme Burner Max in order to be able to burn to 100% of the disc's capacity, which is needed with the XGD3 games because they are 18.3MB in size.

What im struggling to find out is what is the most up-to-date/ beneficial way for me to do this?
I am aware of the following thread "How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*" However this is dated over a year ago so was wondering if this is still the best way to go about doing this. Sorry if i sound patronizing.

Many thanks in advanced!

FlipMode

VIP Member
May 4, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario
latest Firmware LT+ 3.0. (soon to be replaced any day by what i believe to be LT+ U).
You cannot flash your board to use LTU

LTU is only for replacement boards made by xecuter

LT+ 3.0 will be fine for a while

My situation now is i am wanting to burn my XGD3 games using an iHas124B Drive.
I am pretty sure your drive is compatible with BurnerMAX payload, no need to flash. Just run payload and burn http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97272

Reactions: ajparry17

FatalityxF

VIP Member
Aug 8, 2011
Yes, the guide is still very much accurate for the method you're looking for.

Alternatively, C4eva just released the BurnerMAX Payload tool that circumvents the need to flash the drive firmware,

Linky.

As you are not VIP you won't be able to download it from Xecuter, but I encourage you to look in other venues.

Should you find that you are unable to get the payload tool, the old fashioned flashing method is still viable.

ajparry17

Noob Account
Dec 21, 2012
At first glance it looks like C4E has saved my not only some serious time :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

FatalityxF

VIP Member
Aug 8, 2011
Be sure to download the EEPROM Utility from the earlier guide to adjust drive-specific settings to tweak your results! Just follow the guidelines given in the Payload thread.

Also, use Kprobe to check your burns! Link

Read the other thread linked in there as well. You only will need to use the BLER tab in Kprobe, and the default settings are fine! Just make sure you're set to 4x CLV scanning.