fortnite on banned switch?

rmagallon000

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
i purchased the sx pro and followed the recommendations to not get banned. the reason for buying the sx pro was to backup my son's 14 cartridges that i bought (at least $650 worth of games) because I was afraid that he would lose them or his friends that come over might "borrow" them. Anyhow, I was able to backup his games successfully using emunand and they played fine on cfw. when he wanted to play fortnite, i booted up using ofw instead of cfw and immediately i got the dreaded message that the switch was banned from online services. wtf? the only thing i can imagine that caused this was to have autorcm installed, but i didn't think that would cause a ban. our games are all legally purchased cartridges.

is this a permanent ban or if i remove autorcm and reinstall the original nand, will the console still be banned? if so, then is there a way to play fortnite without communicating with nintendo's servers? is there a homebrew/hacked fortnite that emulates some other console or pc?

nanty

Feb 1, 2019
Europe
You can check what kind of ban you have here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/
(scroll down a bit and click on "Different Types of Switch Bans"

Reverting to a backup doesn't change anything about any ban. Playing online on the Switch can only be done by communicating with Nintendo's servers.

You could get a second sd card and install that Android version that works on the Switch (LineageOS). And then install Fortnite there. While using Android the Switch behaves like a regular tablet and doesn't connect with Nintendo's servers at all, so going online with Android is safe. Not sure how well Fortnite runs though.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
i purchased the sx pro and followed the recommendations to not get banned. the reason for buying the sx pro was to backup my son's 14 cartridges that i bought (at least $650 worth of games) because I was afraid that he would lose them or his friends that come over might "borrow" them. Anyhow, I was able to backup his games successfully using emunand and they played fine on cfw. when he wanted to play fortnite, i booted up using ofw instead of cfw and immediately i got the dreaded message that the switch was banned from online services. wtf? the only thing i can imagine that caused this was to have autorcm installed, but i didn't think that would cause a ban. our games are all legally purchased cartridges.

is this a permanent ban or if i remove autorcm and reinstall the original nand, will the console still be banned? if so, then is there a way to play fortnite without communicating with nintendo's servers? is there a homebrew/hacked fortnite that emulates some other console or pc?
Okay first of all, there's no such thing as "the recommendations to not get banned". You will get banned sooner or later just because you have ran custom OS (doesn't matter in what form, for how long or whatever). It doesn't matter members reporting that they can play online without problems, they will get banned too as long as they have ran custom OS on their consoles. They play at their own risk without a guarantee to be inmune, they just don't want to see the truth.

So, what this means is that you are fuc**d, like me and thousands of SX OS users...I believe Nintendo bans by hardware, a hardware-tie ban and maybe also by software, I couldn't tell.

I don't think there's PC emulator for Switch (as of now).

Nintendo doesn't care if you purchased the games legally or own thousands of cartridges, they seey to prevent (at any cost) the use of their servers or any services online related to users running custom OS. At this time, this can not be evaded. Maybe later, maybe never...

rmagallon000

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
thank you both for your input. i know it's my fault but i feel sorry for my kid. all i wanted to do was to backup his games. this sucks. i guess i'll go buy him a switch lite and i won't put any mods on it. thanks again.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
thank you both for your input. i know it's my fault but i feel sorry for my kid. all i wanted to do was to backup his games. this sucks. i guess i'll go buy him a switch lite and i won't put any mods on it. thanks again.
I was also being a good buyer purchasing games, purchasing online membership and Amiibos. Got my small collection of games and Amiibos until one day I took the risk and tried to update online and in a matter of seconds my console was banned

I never got to enjoy my online membership because this was a day before my console got banned. I ended up selling the games, kept the Amiibos 'cause they are cute. But stopped paying or buying, that's the difference.

It was a bitter experience but in the end I learnt this is how Nintendo do its thing, it will make you never commit the same error again...

rmagallon000

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
I realize that I violated Nintendo's customer agreement, but I feel it's my right to backup the games I purchased. So, yes I too am a bit resentful and I don't plan on purchasing from Nintendo if I can avoid it. I was buying my son 1-2 games per month, roughly. So I felt terrible that he could no longer play fortnite or any other online games with his friends. I saw his reaction when I explained to him that his console was banned and what that meant, and I felt like crap. That's the only reason why I went ahead and spent more money on a switch lite, which I don't plan to modify in any way. But I also will now be extremely frugal in spending money on nintendo anything. I really appreciate your input. Thanks.