Found a way to UNLOCK hard drives

Nikotine

Noob Account
Feb 16, 2006
I have a locked hdd situation on my hands.

I do however have a back of the eeprom for the hdd. I made the backup with X3_3294. I locked the hdd with either that or evox not sure it was a while back.

the back up file I found on my local hdd was called BACK_UP_XBOX_HDD\Admin\EEPROM\eeprom.bin I also have a folder called BACK_UP_XBOX_HDD\Admin\BIOS banks but I believe that is just a back up of the new bios I installed.

My question is how do I go about restoring/unlocking the hdd with this information?

Or am I in a situation where I need to use this 50$ service?

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Ignore the BIOS banks under Admin - this is for flashing the X3 via FTP.

I'm unclear on the situation of Xbox/HDD/EEPROM. What Xbox was this HDD locked in? Where is it now? What version is your 'good' Xbox(or is there only one?).

Overwriting the EEPROM can be a risky business - give as much information as you can.

Martin

Nikotine

Noob Account
Feb 16, 2006
Both boxes are version 1.0.

The one that had the 200G drive locked in it will not boot.

On the new working v1.0.
1) I unlocked the orginal hdd.
2) Backed up all eeprom data.
3) Copied the data to a PC via FTP.
4) Then installed a old HDD formated it and put the backup data off the broken Xboxb on it. BACK_UP_XBOX_HDD\Admin\EEPROM\eeprom.bin
5) Then I used X3_3294 to flash the eeprom with the files from the orginal broken Xbox.
6) Then reinstalled the locked HDD booted up and everything works now.

Nikotine

Noob Account
Feb 16, 2006
Yeah everything is working now. I just want to say to anyone who reads this keep a copy of your orginal eeprom data and a copy of your master hdd ata pwd lock key on hand. You never know when you might need them.

jrvandegrift

Dec 31, 2004
Salt Lake City
okay i have a sticky situation and i think im screwed. okay my old 1.4 xbox died out on me. i have a 250 gb seagate hdd that was locked to it. i backed up hdd lock data using my x3 3294 bios long time before, but problem is i never did ftp it to my computer. so i got a new xbox version 1.0, put same chip in and didnt change the bios or anything. obviously my new xbox just gives me error code 06 when i try booting up with the chip and ofcourse same thing iwth mod off. is there any hope of unlocking this drive so that i can use it? or is it as simple as payin up the $50?

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
If you backed the old EEPROM up to the X3, then boot using an unlocked HDD and restore the information to the new Xbox.

You should then be able to boot your locked HDD.

Martin

jrvandegrift

Dec 31, 2004
Salt Lake City
well just did it and worked perfectly. dang i didnt even think of that. holy crap thanks man!

jrvandegrift

Dec 31, 2004
Salt Lake City
one more problemo. since i loaded the new EEPROM data, why can i not run the xbox with the chip turned off now? basically it just frags now when i try to do so. i ofcourse i still have the correct dashboard files on the hdd but, that EEPROM was from an xbox version 1.4 onto a version 1.0. so could that be the problem?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Did you backup the 1.0 EEPROM before you began? It's fragging because it's not compatible with the EEPROM data that's loaded. Get another 1.0 EEPROM and (after unlocking your 250GB) reprogram the EEPROM with it.

Martin

kjwilk

Noob Account
Mar 11, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
i think i found 1 alls u have to do is get ur eeprom from ur box its @ xboxscenes.com i dont know where i found i but it worked for me!!

A_null

Noob Account
Jan 4, 2006
Unlocking Drives

You guys have seen the unlock info at Llamma's right?
I had a locked WD and thought I was just boned, but I did the ATAPWD erase with the info there, and it worked. Wiped the drive, but it was unlocked. I reloaded it w/ Slayers and it's currently operating. If it matters, it was a stock 8GB Western Digital from a v1.6 Xbox.

gchavez1982

Noob Account
Mar 17, 2006
Help with my xecuter 3 CE

I need help you guys. I purchased an xecuter 3 CE and a xapt3r solderless adapter. i have no idea on how to put it on. can anyone help me. The X light is still red and its suppose to be blue. Also, I need help on installing the bios. Its my first time so im new at this. thanks

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
gchavez1982 said:
I need help you guys. I purchased an xecuter 3 CE and a xapt3r solderless adapter. i have no idea on how to put it on. can anyone help me. The X light is still red and its suppose to be blue. Also, I need help on installing the bios. Its my first time so im new at this. thanks
If you're new, do more reading as there are plenty of existing topics which match your problem. Also, this particular thread has nothing to do with the Xapt3r!

Martin

aliman

Apr 17, 2004
Canada
Locked HDD

I've got a locked hard drive problem, I have two Xbox's, a v1.6 with orig. Seagate HDD and X3 chip, and a v1.0 with orig. Seagate HDD with a X2.3b+lite chip.
Now my problem is I accidently locked my v1.6's HDD using X3 Config Live, but before I did that I know I backed the eeprom up the X3 chip. Is there a way to unlock the locked HDD with using the HDD out of my v1.0 after I unlock it using config magic to get the eeprom data from my v1.6.
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP !!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
aliman said:
I've got a locked hard drive problem, I have two Xbox's, a v1.6 with orig. Seagate HDD and X3 chip, and a v1.0 with orig. Seagate HDD with a X2.3b+lite chip.
Now my problem is I accidently locked my v1.6's HDD using X3 Config Live, but before I did that I know I backed the eeprom up the X3 chip. Is there a way to unlock the locked HDD with using the HDD out of my v1.0 after I unlock it using config magic to get the eeprom data from my v1.6.
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP !!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.
I would help, but am totally confused. If you have the standard HDD in both, they are locked anyway.

There's a lot more to this which you will need to mention in order for someone to help.

Martin

aliman

Apr 17, 2004
Canada
code 06

Hi Martin, I have two Xbox's, a v1.0 with a X2.3b+lite solderless chip, samsung DVD Rom, and a rubber jacketed Seagate HDD. The second is a v1.6
with a X3 chip ,Xcaliber video chip,Samsung memory chips, a Philips DVD Rom,
A slim design Seagate HDD. It was running the 3092 bios ? The Samsung DVD Rom in my v1.0 is not the original DVD Rom, it came with the old Thompson. The Samsung originally came in the Crystal v1.6 I bought as second Xbox. But when I Backed up one of my original games which would only fit on a Dual layer DVD , the Samsung DVD Rom would not load the game. So I took the game over to a neighbours Xbox v1.6 which came with a Philips DVD Rom and it proceeded to load the game up flawlessly. So I bought a Philips DVD Rom from Llamm.com and installed it into my Crystal v1.6, which then loads the dual layer DVD game perfectly. Thats when the samsung found a home in my old v1.0 which also works perfectly.
Both Xbox's have been working perfectly for a long time, until a week ago I was fiddeling with the Video Settings in X3 Config Live on my v1.6 when I accidentally applied the wrong video setting and the screen went Blue. In a panick i pressed the back button (Red) a couple of times then the Green button twice , nothing happened so I powered it down. Upon rebooting it went through the flubber screen and final xbox screen then the screen goes Black with code 06 in the top left hand corner with a small cluster of white dots around it and freezes.
I have tried booting up with the X3 disabled but same as above, Black screen
, code 06, Call customer service. I've tried to boot up enabled while holding the White button down to get to X3 Config Live screen, but no luck code 06 .
I have gotten into the Flash Bios screen and tried using the Unlock HDD command but what happens is the Screen goes Black for a split second then goes right back to the Flash Bios screen and does nothing...? I try to reboot but still get that Code 06 HDD locked. Long ago I remember backing up the EEPROM to the X3 if thats of any help.
When in the Flash Bios screen an Error Message comes up saying " Unable to read HDD first Sector getting parition table" if thats of any help.
I have tried that HDD swap they have at Llamma.com using the second Xbox
but it didn't work, code 06.
Any Help would be greatly Appreciated

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Thanks for the lengthy but descriptive post!

Was the X3 always in the 1.6, or had it been elsewhere?

Had you tried anything else to get out of the wrong video setting situation, like flash a new EEPROM?

BTW, the reason why your DVD+R DL didn't work so well with the Samsung is that it's not a big fan of this book format. Depending on your DVD writer, you can change the bitsetting for DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM, making them readable on almost anything.

Martin

aliman

Apr 17, 2004
Canada
Hi Martin , yes the X3 has always been in the v1.6 and I don't know if I fashed a different eeprom, at that point the screen had gone completely Blue so I could not see anything on the screen i pressed the red button twice then the Green button twice, then I rebooted and the rest is history.
I forgot to mention earlier that I also tried using ATAPWD.EXE and it showed
that the HDD was at maximum security, I tried using "Seagate"+25 spaces as Master password to unlock, but no luck.