LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM FW 1071 flashed using JF with FW 0225

zahirsayed

Noob Account
May 3, 2010
Hi All,

Im stuck with a flashed drive which only gives me a "Play DVD" error (both originals and backups)

1) When i opened the drive it has a sticker stating 16d4s FW 1071. But when i used JF to dump key it populates as FW 0225.

2) I used a replacement PCB (non TX) and flashed a LT 3.0 0225 on the pcb (as suggested by JF)... Everything on JF is fine such and wrtie verified and stuff...

3) but when i soldered the replacement pcb on the drive i only get play dvd error...

4) I thought of reflashing but now the replacement pcb is locked and wont unlock (doesnt have the W0 - W1 switches)

5) I have placed the OG pcb back and everything works fine....

Please help me as to what went wrong and why the games dont work when JF confirmed the flash was fine....

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I believe you need 0225e fw. Go to #JungleFlasher on efnet irc and ask for it.

Or maybe it is another 0225 (0225i maybe?), I'll find it for you one way or the other.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Well if it was me and it indeed stated in jungle flashed that its a 0225"I would kamikaze it to unlock it and flash it. I wouldn't waste a replacement PCB

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Ok, if you jump onto IRC on #jungleflasher, someone will be able to help you out. I was correct the first time, it is 0225e fw. A very rare occurrence, so not many people have it.

Reactions: zahirsayed

zahirsayed

Noob Account
May 3, 2010
Ok, if you jump onto IRC on #jungleflasher, someone will be able to help you out. I was correct the first time, it is 0225e fw. A very rare occurrence, so not many people have it.
thanks for your help jsinger47... now that we have sorted the firmware issue wherein which to be flashed... my challenge now is unlocking this damn pcb... im not good with kamakazi... jf is not able to send the unlock code to this pcb...

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
thanks for your help jsinger47... now that we have sorted the firmware issue wherein which to be flashed... my challenge now is unlocking this damn pcb... im not good with kamakazi... jf is not able to send the unlock code to this pcb...
When you said "non TX", were you referring to a stock PCB or one made by another manufacturer?

zahirsayed

Noob Account
May 3, 2010
alright guys the issue has been resolved... the guy who sold the pcb to me was kind enough to give me a new pcb... post flashing FW 0225e to it everything is just fine...

hence 164ds FW 1071 needs LT 3.0 FW 0225E...