ANSWERED fw issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
got my x360usb pro v2 today but struggling with a few bits.

firstly there's no v2 firmware available only v1.so do i just use v1 firmware?

secondly do i need to uninstall v1 fw.

i can get v1 fw on my v2 hardware but it shows up as x360usb pro and not saying v2 like in the guide pics?

next is the ports bit for the ck3i bit.there's nothing like this in my device manager?

sorry for the noobish questions.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
i did but must have been a conflict with having v1 drivers on there.

so it shows up as x360usb pro v2 now in device manager.

now just the ports part from the guide i don't have this option on my windows 7 32 bit laptop device manager to do the ck3i driver.

also the firmware for this new device?do i use the old v1 as i can't see v2 firmware (note not drivers). i have the new 0.14 update tool but no links there for v2 firmware?

appreciate the help.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
update:eek:k i just went ahead anyway and installed the x360usb pro v1 firmware with the 0.14 update tool.
here an image to show i have no ports section.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
all sorted i realised i had to plug in my external molex power supply for the ck3i part to show up in device manager.doh.......

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Why did you even touch the firmware? There is no new version so why even do that as its programmed out of the box.

Is the aux power switch off ? Have you tried on another computer ?

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
thought they were shipped blank (says on packaging also) and you had to programme the firmware.i did on the x360usb pro v1?

the aux switch is set to right hand side.

no other pc but ck3i auto functions seem to work on testing in jungleflasher.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
thought they were shipped blank (says on packaging also) and you had to programme the firmware.i did on the x360usb pro v1?

the aux switch is set to right hand side.

no other pc but ck3i auto functions seem to work on testing in jungleflasher.
no they are not shipped blank and no it does not say it on the packaging or on any other instructions. On the packaging it says the X360USB PRO V2 has no code that circumvents and copyright protections or copyrighted code. No where does it say that it isn't programmed and is shipped blank ! The code included is NOT illegal and is not an illegal device - that's what the packaging says.

It's not really a surprise that you are having problems. I can't tell you anything other than whats in the very simple setup instructions and even those you seem to have gotten wrong :(

someone else who had the same problem had the serenum.sys file missing from their win 7 system which is an upper level serial enumerator. google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.