GameStop Refurbished DVD Power Alternate Wiring

deadliner

Aug 3, 2011
Re: GameStop Refurbished DVD Power Alternate Wirering

LoL. I remember buying a refurbished phat PS2 from GameStop once and it had a sticker inside that said "F**k You" and all sorts of other nice things. Oh yeah... and the heat sink was completely missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyospartan117

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Nah

LoL. I remember buying a refurbished phat PS2 from GameStop once and it had a sticker inside that said "F**k You" and all sorts of other nice things. Oh yeah... and the heat sink was completely missing.
Lol I hope the previous owner did that.
On a side note, I think somebody posted pics like mine before too. I couldn't find the post and wanted to share my own. Sorry for the quality.

voodoochild777

Aug 29, 2009
USA

I've gotten 3 or 4 from gamestop that all looked like that. Freaked me out at first too but everything has always worked good. I would still like to know the specifics of the rewiring, seems like something to do with the fans.

Soc27cer

Dec 17, 2010
N.A.

weird, glad the one i got didn't have all that.

jhaymes2006

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2010
Oklahoma, United States

Yeah I've got 3 from gamestop that have had that. The last one I got started freezing so I pulled it apart and it had a sticker that said freezing repaired.

Soc27cer

Dec 17, 2010
N.A.

Yeah I've got 3 from gamestop that have had that. The last one I got started freezing so I pulled it apart and it had a sticker that said freezing repaired.
the last one i got had a faulty dvd drive, easy fix. it was an elite too, too bad gamestop wouldnt pay to get a new dvd drive.

wyospartan117

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Nah

I've gotten 3 or 4 from gamestop that all looked like that. Freaked me out at first too but everything has always worked good. I would still like to know the specifics of the rewiring, seems like something to do with the fans.
I wonder if they do a 12V fan mod. I would have investigated, but I was aiming for a 15 min flash.