Geekg0d4's Internally liquid cooled XB360

Geekgod4

Hey all!

I'm brand new here and wanted to share my latest project with you fellow tech heads... an Internally Liquid cooled Xbox 360 Premium with a Xenon MOBO! :D

The Xbox features a Crystal clear Ghostcase shell, Rainbow LED kit powered from a 10v AC-DC adapter that I custom wired, clear DVD drive cover mod, custom 2 70x15mm Fans that push 37CFM's @ <34 decibels running off of the DVD cable like the 12v fan mod, and of course a completely internal Liquid cooling loop utilizing a Swiftech Pump, Magicool Radiator, XSPC Waterblock and DangerDen fillport. The pump runs off of a 12v molex soldered to the motherboards 12v and ground points under the power connector on the bottom of the motherboard.

It took me around Three weeks to complete, and around $360 (no kidding! awesome price right?) for the Jtaggable xbox (5766 kernel) off of Ebay AND all of the parts!

It works GREAT! runs around 50-60 degrees cooler and has been tested for a maximum of 3 1/2 hours with not a single problem! The only problem I have with it is that the dashboard is SOOOO old the only game I can play atm (without updating) from my collection is Oblivion! and I've beaten it around three times...

I added The parts list below if your going to do this give me a heads up and please +REP! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parts list from https://www.performance-pcs.com/

1 x *** NEW *** Magicool Extreme Slim Profile 2X40mm Radiator- Black $19.95
1 x Swiftech MCP350™ 12 VDC Pump $54.95
2 x Danger Den FB (Fat Boy) G 1/4 Fittings - 3/8" $5.18
3 x *** NEW *** PrimoFlex Pro LRT Clear Tubing -3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD $6.00
1 x PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - Gloss Blue
- Anti-Kink Coil Size: 1/2" will fit 1/2in. O.D. Tubing $3.95
12 x Reuseable Clamps - For 1/2" O.D. Tubing - Blue $10.68
1 x Primochill Polypropylene "T" Fitting 3/8" - UV Colors
- Fitting UV Color: UV Blue $2.49
1 x Arctic Silver 5 - 3.5 grams $9.35
1 x Danger Den Aluminum Fillport
- Fillport Color: Blue Anodized
- Fitting Size: 3/8" Barb for 3/8" ID tube $11.99
1 x Akust Ramsink II (8pc per set) - Blue $5.95
2 x Startech 70x70x15mm Premium Fan $19.90
1 x Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Blue - 1 Liter $19.95

Sub-Total: $170.34
United Parcel Service (1 x 9.48lbs) (Ground): $16.03
Grand Total: $186.37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parts list from http://www.jab-tech.com/

x1 - XSPC Xbox 360 CPU/GPU waterblock

• Low profile (fits under DVD drive)
  • CNC machined from one piece of copper
  • 0.6mm wide, 3.8mm tall fins for high performance
  • 1mm wide, 3.8mm deep channels
  • CNC cut Acetal Top
  • G1/4" Ports
  • Supplied with screws and nylon washers
Subtotal: $36.95
Shipping cost: $7.56
Total: $44.51

Tell me what you all think of it! I would really appreciate your feedback guys and gals!

also, for pictures of the ENTIRE process go to this public Facebook album I created for people to look at!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1671144585449.2081685.1442408661&l=11d6cf5ae0

Peace,

-Josh

Last edited:

MarcusBlack

Apr 14, 2011
Chesire
Man that looks sweet! can see you put a lot of time and effort into this, well worth it though, it looks awesome!. I love those electric blue tubes..

baldrick45

Jan 31, 2011
Very impressive. The watercooling looks damn fine and I guess you'll never have to worry about RROD - LOL!!

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
I like the commentary on the facebook pictures, :p

OT: Amazingly done. I never understood how a water cooler even worked though, hehe. xD
I got the ghost case too, just got some blinking lights on the inside though, haha.

Geekgod4

Looks great m8, I had this before, I had a 360 with RROD and fixed that but after that also build in a watercooling, never had problems anymore...

But I had the xbox 360 watercooling system, check it out if you like...

http://www.syscooling.net/?cgi=news&guid=49ead57c-eb43-4125-8e77-a43bb4b9ee58

Very simple to install everything...

But never mind, looks great what you have made :) kudos lol
Thanks! and yeah, I was looking at some external cooling solutions but I liked the idea and challenge of doing an all internal solution ;)