General Questions

jdj143

Apr 30, 2011
USA
I have a Liteon 93450 drive that I want to flash for the first time. I've been looking at loads of tutorials and the LT clip and switch seemed to be the easiest. So my questions are:

Do I HAVE to get a any other hardware? In all my google searches there was a lot of talk about CK3 Pro/Lite and XBOXUSB PRO (<-Probably spelled wrong). Is any of this absolutely necessary?

What is the difference between the LT Clip + LT switch V2 and the 2011 LT Clip + LT Switch V2? Both pages on the Modchip USA site are the same, theres only a 80 cent difference, just curious.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to be as informed as possible before I make a $300 dvd player.

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
Stuck in your tub
no need for lt clip with probe 3 or pmt, lt clip/switch is a thing of the past

x360usb/ck3 lite or pro/probe 3 is all you need

you will need a probe 3 or pmt, you do not "need" an x360usb but it is highly recommended, you do not need a ck3 lite/pro but it is also recommended

you made an investment in your console, protect it by using the "proper" tools

Last edited:

jdj143

Apr 30, 2011
USA
Ok so all I really have to buy is a CK3 Probe 3 and I can get my key? And I know this isn't really the area for this but I have heard that if you power on your xbox without a drive attached you will be flagged for a ban, is that true? I don't see how it would be because if your SATA cable got damaged you would get banned, which wouldn't be right.

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
You will need either CK3 Lite or CK3 Pro to power the drive and use the Probe 3.

Then you will need either X360USB PRO or a VIA6421A SATA Card to be able to actually connect the drive to the computer.

X360USB PRO is more recommended since it has no errors, and the SATA cards *CAN* have errors.

So you will NEED:

-Probe 3.
-CK3 PRO/Lite.
-SATA Card or X360USBPRO.

That will allow you to flash pretty much any drive, including your lite-on. :)