RGH getting games to boot from HDD on RGH slim

emoja

Dec 23, 2012
As the title says, my question is how do you actually boot games from HDD on an RGH xbox. I checked a lot of tutorials all around the web and even some video tutorials but each one says something different :confused: e.g some of them require special softwares some don't and each one asks for a different software, some ask for a Fat 32 HDD some don't, some ask for GOD formatted games and some use isos, some ask for a special dash but some say that you can use MS dash.

Can you either give me a good link or a good explanation on the subject; preferably one requiring the least amount of softwares and not requiring a different dash if possible.

madhacker83

BANNED
Feb 23, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Search for iso2god, watch and read tutorials on how to use it, transfer your converted god package to your hard drive into the /content/ directory, the game will show up in nxe under "my games" (the easiest method)

To use an external hdd search google on how to run god games from usb. Any hdd you use with xbox 360 has to be formatted to fat32.

I would recommend using freestyle dash 3 tho, just search for some fsd 3 tutorials or goto realmodscene.com(offical freestyle website) and you'll get it running in no time.

Last edited:
Reactions: emoja

emoja

Dec 23, 2012
Search for iso2god, watch and read tutorials on how to use it, transfer your converted god package to your hard drive into the /content/ directory, the game will show up in nxe under "my games" (the easiest method)

To use an external hdd search google on how to run god games from usb. Any hdd you use with xbox 360 has to be formatted to fat32.

I would recommend using freestyle dash 3 tho, just search for some fsd 3 tutorials or goto realmodscene.com(offical freestyle website) and you'll get it running in no time.
Dont i then have to create a folder in content with 16 zeros and then put my god games in it then. Also, dont i need to format the usb with the xbox first or does fat32 mean that i dont need to do that.

P.S. by directory you just mean a folder right?

madhacker83

BANNED
Feb 23, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Dont i then have to create a folder in content with 16 zeros and then put my god games in it then. Also, dont i need to format the usb with the xbox first or does fat32 mean that i dont need to do that.

P.S. by directory you just mean a folder right?
Sorry, yes "content/0000000000000000"
Format your usb hdd with your pc using "easy fat32 format tool " (search the guides and tutorials section for ubergeeks post with download link) to fat32 format.

Yes directory means folder....

Last edited:

stefff

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
iam using a external 2.0 usb harddrive 1tb, it's formattet as fat32 it's the only format that the xbox can read from a drive..

if you got an external dvd this is the way to go.

format your external dvd drive as fat32 both usb 2.0 and 3.0 works, both wiat power from usb and external power.. you can use "Acronis True Image WD*Edition" to chance the format under partitions so you dont get fat32 32gb.. both all the GB on the drive..

when you have done that and the harddrive is fat32 format, create a folder on the root on it call it what you want mine is just called "Games" .. you can then take a back-up inside freestyle dash and the files will be at the right format.. or if you got the game on your computer as a .iso you will need the program "mp360gui" open it as administrator, stay in the fane it opens in.. in the first box browse for your iso game, after selecting your .iso you will get some information about the game in the boxes under just ignore that and and let the blue dots stay were the are.. and go to the lowest browsing box and select were you want the game (the external harddrive in the folder you have created it will make its own folder there wiat the games name so just select the root of the map on the external harddrive)

the process is the same as for the internal harddrive make a folder in the "content/0000000000000000" and transfer the unpack game to it eather by http or harddrive/usb stick.. have attached a picture.. after pressing the extracing a dos window will run for some min.. and when it close the game have been extracted and your ready to go wiat it..

remember to setup the path to your games in fsd.. settings > 2nd fane to the top > then the lowest fane > and press the path button.. when you maid the way to were your games is (the root of the folder) remember to save the path wiat the blue X on the controller.. to se the external harddrive you have to restart after attaching it or attach it when the consol is of.. i normally use the usb lowest on the front it works every time..

Reactions: jmandmc and emoja

madhacker83

BANNED
Feb 23, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Also take note that you can only use an external usb hdd up to 2.5tb, anything higher than that will not work for playing backups. I made the mistake of buying a 3tb drive without knowing this.

Reactions: emoja