GUIDE: How to install Android and have Switch on the same sd card UPDATED

Eternam

Noob Account
Oct 18, 2019
Argentina
UPDATE-

First off, while working on this project I ended up making a good friend who not only helped me, but helped you. Huge thanks is deserved to Game_Over.

Game_Over and I worked together to bring you an image preloaded with android with switch to flash to your sd card.

Just backup your sd card then flash the image using balenaEtcher, then copy over your backup to the drive that has 3 folders in it (bootloader, swithroot_android and android switchroot files). Thats pretty much it. Android side has Gapps, joycon fix, magisk and Nvidia GameStream pre-installed. (.img write time about 1 hr, validation is also about 1 hour. I skipped Validation but i suggest you dont. Its up to you)

Only downside is..... its only for a Samsung 128gb sd card (.img was made from a Samsung evo 128gb U3 to be exact). You can try to flash it on a different card but I, nor Game_Over are not responsible for any damage to your sd card or your console).

I only have Samsung sd cards, but I would be willing to make different iterations if absolutey needed.

Upcoming .img's are for 256gb Samsung and 512gb Samsung. (not sure what size the andoid partition size woud be yet, but shouldnt be bigger that 28gigs, its not needed imho).

Alright, with that being said heres the link
Hey! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I tryed it several times but gparted gives me errors everytime I want to resize the fat32 partition. I'm trying different approaches now. But in case it doesnt work. Do you think you are going to upload the 256gb samsung soon? Thanks again.

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hey! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I tryed it several times but gparted gives me errors everytime I want to resize the fat32 partition. I'm trying different approaches now. But in case it doesnt work. Do you think you are going to upload the 256gb samsung soon? Thanks again.
I'm waiting to get a 512gb sd card, as soon as I get that I can. What size would ppl like android partition to be?

UncleFuncle

Noob Account
Oct 20, 2019
United States
I'm waiting to get a 512gb sd card, as soon as I get that I can. What size would ppl like android partition to be?
32gb? Upto you though.
Hey btw, would using your preloaded image mean we wouldn't have to use gparted? Im having trouble getting gparted to even start and was trying to find an alternative to using it.
Thanks for your tutorial.

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
32gb? Upto you though.
Hey btw, would using your preloaded image mean we wouldn't have to use gparted? Im having trouble getting gparted to even start and was trying to find an alternative to using it.
Thanks for your tutorial.
Yes

Videophile

Noob Account
Nov 8, 2019
UK
UPDATE-

First off, while working on this project I ended up making a good friend who not only helped me, but helped you. Huge thanks is deserved to Game_Over.

Game_Over and I worked together to bring you an image preloaded with android with switch to flash to your sd card.

Just backup your sd card then flash the image using balenaEtcher, then copy over your backup to the drive that has 3 folders in it (bootloader, swithroot_android and android switchroot files). Thats pretty much it. Android side has Gapps, joycon fix, magisk and Nvidia GameStream pre-installed. (.img write time about 1 hr, validation is also about 1 hour. I skipped Validation but i suggest you dont. Its up to you)

Only downside is..... its only for a Samsung 128gb sd card (.img was made from a Samsung evo 128gb U3 to be exact). You can try to flash it on a different card but I, nor Game_Over are not responsible for any damage to your sd card or your console).

I only have Samsung sd cards, but I would be willing to make different iterations if absolutey needed.

Upcoming .img's are for 256gb Samsung and 512gb Samsung. (not sure what size the andoid partition size woud be yet, but shouldnt be bigger that 28gigs, its not needed imho).

Alright, with that being said heres the link
Thaks for providing the 128gb image for Samsung! Worked great!

Just wondering if you managed to get the .img for the 256gb card? I've got one coming through in the post soon.

Or, would it be easy to you the partition tool you listed above to resize the partition once ive flashed the 128gb .img onto the 256gb?

Many thanks

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
Yes, you can resize if you follow the guide above. I plan on making a 256gb Sammy img within the next two weeks

KnightRiderX420

Jan 31, 2019
USA
I have a samsung 128gb evo and your 128gb file after extracting is reported to be too big it states in etcher i need another 178.26mb of space. this card is real not a net knockoff and a samsung.... why cant i fit your image on it do i need to choose the 64gb and then resize it?