GUIDE: How to know if a Switch is currently 'unhackable'

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
As previously stated by Xecuter

Most likely its 'patched', only ones with result code of 0x7000 can current run sx/pro and sx/os or any other payloads, results like yours means the system has been patched in factory.

But don't worry we have solution in the works, just no ETA on when the release will be, so if you don't want to wait, its recommend to sell your switch and find one that has lower serial number that is not patched.

Kryonic

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2018
Just to confirm before I buy the device,
my switch have S/N XAJ70043319XXX

So, it should work right? Because the un-patched S/N starts with XAJ70043332XXX (and lower)

So mine should work right? I don't want to buy a product and in the end I can't use it. Please answer, because I want to buy as soon as possible. Thank you!

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Just to confirm before I buy the device,
my switch have S/N XAJ70043319XXX

So, it should work right? Because the un-patched S/N starts with XAJ70043332XXX (and lower)

So mine should work right? I don't want to buy a product and in the end I can't use it. Please answer, because I want to buy as soon as possible. Thank you!
according to the OP it should be fine but i can't guarantee it, you're just gonna have to test it out before buying SXOS or SX Pro etc.

Kryonic

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2018
Just another question, I just saw a post on reddit and I need confirmation. Does the product code and S/N have any correlation to whether or not the switch is patched?

Because it says switch with a product code HAC-S-JXE-C3 (which is the one I have) is already patched. If by looking at the S/N, my switch isn't patched yet. But if by looking at the product code, my switch is patched.

So which one is it? I'm confused. I want to try the method to determine if its patched or not, but i'm not tech savvy. I tried and fail. Please someone, confirm this. Thank you so much

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
The OP has all the information and steps required to determine if your switch is patched. Or you could always just send the payload from PC and try to boot SX OS unlicensed.

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Just another question, I just saw a post on reddit and I need confirmation. Does the product code and S/N have any correlation to whether or not the switch is patched?

Because it says switch with a product code HAC-S-JXE-C3 (which is the one I have) is already patched. If by looking at the S/N, my switch isn't patched yet. But if by looking at the product code, my switch is patched.

So which one is it? I'm confused. I want to try the method to determine if its patched or not, but i'm not tech savvy. I tried and fail. Please someone, confirm this. Thank you so much
what firmware did it come installed with?

Reactions: Kryonic

Kryonic

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2018
Its okay guys, thank you for the replies. I tried the method and it works. My switch can be hacked. So what I learn from this is that, the product code does not determine if your switch is patched or not.
The determiner here is S/N.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
What about XAW400056?
Please read the OP before asking questions.

Serials beginning with XAW4 and XAJ1 appear to be safe thus far. This only means we have not seen any reports yet of the exploit being patched. We should expect to see patched consoles from these assembly lines soon.
If yours is patched. Please let us know.

srobby26

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2018
Just an fyi, thought i found a gem, Serial = XAW1005489XXXX, however, im getting 0x0000 when running the test.
Came with 4.X, updated to 5.1, no luck for me..

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Just an fyi, thought i found a gem, Serial = XAW1005489XXXX, however, im getting 0x0000 when running the test.
Came with 4.X, updated to 5.1, no luck for me..
Are you sure? That serial should be before the patch. You may want to try booting into RCM and launching SX OS (unlicensed of course). The only way I would see that switch being patched is if it was sent in for repair at some point....

Ihaveswirched

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2018
My switch is patched... I have recieved a email that say a exploit is currently working for patched switches... I might be wrong any ideas whether there is a fix but it's just not been tested enough yet?

srobby26

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2018
Are you sure? That serial should be before the patch. You may want to try booting into RCM and launching SX OS (unlicensed of course). The only way I would see that switch being patched is if it was sent in for repair at some point....

Yup, positive. Luckily i was within my take back window, and returned it for another version.

Here is the log from RCM mode test commands if they are of any use:

L:\MitchMatchMooch\TegraRcmGUI>TegraRcmSmash.exe -w biskeydump.bin BOOT:0x0
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.0-2 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#5&1e7d8db7&0&2#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
RCM Device with id C00102150000000C4557446401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 76328, total size: 142544, total padded size: 143360)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!

Ihaveswirched

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2018
Where did the email come from?
Email came from team xecuter.. here is an extract, I assume from this they have it working but not quite for release. Might be wrong

"1We do not have a date yet for a solution for unpatched unit. We have them
working but when it will be fully ready and if it will be compatible with the
current SX Pro we don't know yet."

zer0ish

Noob Account
Sep 21, 2018
Hello,
First post in this forum, thought I would share that after running the test to see if my Switch was patched, Serial XAW10080XXXXXX did pass and isn't patched.
System was purchased July 17, 2018 at a Best Buy.

nuestrared

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2018
Hello. Tried the trick and mine is patched and currently unhackable. Serial number XAJ7004769XXXX.
Greetings and thanks for the tutorial!

Last edited:
Reactions: Game_Over

Support Our Sponsors